I didn't get lost.....

  • dfgenealogy
    Message 1 of 115 , Jan 20, 2000
      I didn't get the scanner like I had planned at
      Christmas,all the stores were sold out of the one I wanted and
      still are.My daughters birthday is this Sunday and the
      stores are all sold out of what we planned to get and
      won't be restocked till the end of next month.So as
      soon as I get my scanner I will post it.But however I
      suspect she is a woman who born in Fairfax County,VA in
      the 1830's,possibly her name was Martha Jane Monroe
      who married Thomas E. (or F.) Lee and was the
      daughter of Captain Lee Monroe and Susan Suthard Monroe
      both born in Fairfax County,VA.Martha and Thomas'
      children were William,George Bernard(married Annie
      Wapple),Norman Clifton(Cliff,my ggrandfather,married Florence
      Elizabeth Follin),Moss(died unmarried) and an adopted
      daughter Nannie Etta (married Fletcher Follin,Florence's
      brother).They also had 2 other girls one named Lelia that died
      as children.Possibly 2 other children that died as
      infants or children.If anyone knows any information
      leading me to who this woman is in the picture or
      recognize any of these names please post here or e-mail me:
      dfgenealogy@...<br><br>If there is anyone that thinks I might know
      something I will be glad to try.Please contact me as well.
    • angel4pa
      Message 115 of 115 , Jan 27, 2002
        O'syio.<br> Please find below my family's
        surnames, etc.<br>What a great club. I am really enjoying
        reading through the past post.<br><br>Take
        surnames: Cobbs/Cobb,Kinslow,Smith,Weir, <br><br>My
        Possible Native Americana Indian Cousins: Black, Lawson,
        side - surnames: Beach, Bonnington, Catts, Chambers,
        Cobbs/Cobb, Dearth, Frith, Howell, Hunt, Jacobs, Leigh, Long,
        Montfort, Munfred/Mumford, Phillips, Pinkett, Smith,
        Snodgrass, Spining/Spinning, Thorpe, Weir, White, Young
        Miller, +Musared, Terhune, Thompson, Tucker, Turner, also
        Jesse James, Dad's side - Countries of origin: Weir;
        Kent England, Scotland, Ireland, USA: PA, IL, AR, MO,
        TN, NY, AL<br><br>Father's side - Countries of
        origin: Weir; Kent England, Scotland, Ireland, USA: PA,
        IL, AR, MO, TN, NY, AL<br><br>Mother side - surnames:
        Bonner(?), Brown, Brooks, Dougherty, Fisher, French, Fury,
        Kinslow, Linder, North, Piquette, Seidel, Templeman;
        - Countries of origin: Baden Germany,
        Donegal/Mayo/Tyrone, Dublin Ireland, England, France,<br>Canada, USA:
        Direct Possible Native Americana Indian side - surnames:
        Heinsbach, <br><br>DCP's Husband's side - surnames:
        Hubner/Heebner, Phifer, Traut, Trout, Heinsbach, Moser, Ryan,
        Garret(t); <br><br>DCP's Husband's side - Countries of
        origin: Germany, Manchester England, Switzerlan, Silsia,
        PA, NJ<br><br>+ = first or second marriage other than
        the direct marriage