Whitetop Cherokee?

  • Tonya
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16 11:28 AM
      Can anyone tell me what? who? the Whitetop Cherokee are/were my family
      on both sides claims decent from them. Some people say they were Native
      American some say not or that they were Melungeon. Also does anyone
      have a list of family names associated with them? I'm trying to
      confirm for my son's school project what our ancestry really is I've
      been told that my family is Melungeon by one website not Native at all
      by another and that they may possibly be part of a small federally
      unrecognized tribe called the Ani Stohini Unami. Can anybody help
      clarify this mess?