Re:What Will You Do About This Indian Image On This Billboard?!!!!

  • Thomas Greywolf
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2007
      SPREAD THE WORD!
      CALL, WRITE & EMAIL NOW!

      I think phone calls and emails are needed for this Volunteer Fire Dept as well as ALL of the sponsors on their webpage!

      www.lineborovfd.com

      http://www.lineborovfd.com/Haunt/eventssite.htm

      They also have a myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/bedlamintheboro

      If that doesn't work then protests may be the thing to do!

      greywolf

      Nightwolfjw@... wrote:
      This was forwarded to me by my friend and brother Mark Tayac. Now who is really the savage? Stereotypical impressions continue to be fostered and put forth by those that will not relent. Check out their website. Just a little something to think about. Any suggestions?

      Jay Winter Nightwolf

      ---------------------------------
      From: Tayac1@...
      Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 08:56:29 EDT
      Subject: Fwd: Bob Klages Re: Indian Image On This Billboard
      To: Nightwolfjw@...

      ---------------------------------
      Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:44:11 -0400
      From: bob klages <klages@...>
      Subject: Bob Klages Re: Indian Image On This Billboard
      To: tayac1@...

      Mark,

      Check out these pictures that I took of a Billboard on Route 27 and Kate
      Wagner Road in Carroll County which advertises an "Annual Haunted
      Hayride". Am I wrong or is this the image of an American Indian? This
      may be a good example of the use of stereotypes in "images" that you
      talked about with the students at McDaniel College. I really find this
      interesting, you would think someone might have raised a "concern" at
      the time this Billboard was being approved for display. Wow!

      Bob Klages

      Building a website is a piece of cake.