looking for local histories

  • rodentdrem
    Message 1 of 115 , Apr 23, 2000
      I am looking for information on Native American history in and around Wythe Co., Pulaski Co, Carrol Co.,etc. Could anyone point me in the right direction?<br>Thanks,<br>April
    • angel4pa
      Message 115 of 115 , Jan 27, 2002
        O'syio.<br> Please find below my family's
        surnames, etc.<br>What a great club. I am really enjoying
        reading through the past post.<br><br>Take
        surnames: Cobbs/Cobb,Kinslow,Smith,Weir, <br><br>My
        Possible Native Americana Indian Cousins: Black, Lawson,
        side - surnames: Beach, Bonnington, Catts, Chambers,
        Cobbs/Cobb, Dearth, Frith, Howell, Hunt, Jacobs, Leigh, Long,
        Montfort, Munfred/Mumford, Phillips, Pinkett, Smith,
        Snodgrass, Spining/Spinning, Thorpe, Weir, White, Young
        Miller, +Musared, Terhune, Thompson, Tucker, Turner, also
        Jesse James, Dad's side - Countries of origin: Weir;
        Kent England, Scotland, Ireland, USA: PA, IL, AR, MO,
        TN, NY, AL<br><br>Father's side - Countries of
        origin: Weir; Kent England, Scotland, Ireland, USA: PA,
        IL, AR, MO, TN, NY, AL<br><br>Mother side - surnames:
        Bonner(?), Brown, Brooks, Dougherty, Fisher, French, Fury,
        Kinslow, Linder, North, Piquette, Seidel, Templeman;
        - Countries of origin: Baden Germany,
        Donegal/Mayo/Tyrone, Dublin Ireland, England, France,<br>Canada, USA:
        Direct Possible Native Americana Indian side - surnames:
        Heinsbach, <br><br>DCP's Husband's side - surnames:
        Hubner/Heebner, Phifer, Traut, Trout, Heinsbach, Moser, Ryan,
        Garret(t); <br><br>DCP's Husband's side - Countries of
        origin: Germany, Manchester England, Switzerlan, Silsia,
        PA, NJ<br><br>+ = first or second marriage other than
        the direct marriage