Welcome to Native Nutrition!
Building on the research of Weston A. Price and other pioneers and incorporating the latest science, Native Nutrition is dedicated to reclaiming the vibrant health and robust constitution of our birthright by restoring traditional nutrient-dense foods to the modern diet, banishing toxic pseudo-foods and anti-nutrients from the table and opposing low-fat dietary orthodoxy and its legacy of ill health and degenerative disease.
Have questions? Need help or advice? You’ve come to the right place! List-owner Paul Idol, moderators Chris Masterjohn, Lana Gibbons and members from all over the world share information, resources and even hard-to-find ingredients!
Topics of discussion include:
- The importance of dietary animal fat and cholesterol for reproduction, normal growth, mental health, protection from illness, and proper function of the nervous and endocrine systems
- Raw, grass-fed dairy—its nutritional benefits, how to find it and how to make it legally available if it’s banned in your area
- The various virtues of both raw and cooked foods
- Physical fitness and weight loss
- Recovery from disease
- Intestinal health, digestive function and maximal nutrient absorption
- Fermentation—how to easily preserve foods and enhance their flavor and nutritional quality—ranging from the basics, like yoghurt and kefir (pronounced keh-FEER, by the way!) to less everyday ferments like kimchee and kombucha and even unusual traditional dishes like fermented bone meal and meat
- Nutritional supplementation—the research, the pros and cons, the best forms and sources, and supplements to avoid
- Soil fertility and its essential role in nutrition and health
- The role of grains in the human diet, and their proper preparation
- Fitness and Nutrition
- Dec 22, 1999
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.