Re: [NN] Re: Chris's Warrior Menu

  • Paul Idol
    Message 1 of 136 , Jul 19, 2005
      Chris-

      >Well I was up for a while before I went to bed. If the meal is large
      >enough, its effects last long enough before I go to bed to help me
      >sleep. Otherwise I need something right before bed.

      See, right there you have a solid indicator that (a) something's not quite
      right with your metabolism, and (b) you're eating too many carbs with
      dinner, pushing your body to burn sugar, store fat and resist burning
      fat. With huge meals like the ones you eat for dinner, there's no basic
      caloric justification for getting hungry before bed.

      I sort of recommend that you read _Mastering Leptin_, by Byron Richards. I
      say "sort of" because along with a lot of good information, it has some
      outright junk and a number of inconsistencies, but if you're willing to do
      a bit of heavy lifting, it's well worth your while.

      -Paul
    • Paul Idol
      Message 136 of 136 , Jul 23, 2005
        Chris-

        >I know that it is constantly churning stuff around. I'm not sure what
        >you're trying to say.

        Just that I doubt it's that much of an issue for smaller meals to come in
        contact with the sphincter, except maybe in the case of small snacks.

        > > Second, and more importantly, if large meals empty faster, and because
        > > large meals demand the production of more gastric juices, then large meals
        > > will be more of a problem for people with digestive problems. I'd think
        > > this would be obvious. No?
        >
        >It's certainly plausible but I wouldn't call it "obvious," because I
        >don't know what the beneficial effects of longer rest periods would
        >be, and whether or not they would compensate or over-compensate for a
        >larger meal size. I thought you've repeatedly said in the past that
        >you thought larger and fewer meals were less stressful than frequent
        >small meals?

        Yeah, but I'm talking about people with digestive problems, not healthy
        people. More food requires more gastic juice, and IF larger meals empty
        faster, then people who have trouble generating enough gastric juice in the
        first place will be even more challenged. This seems borne out by many
        people's experience.

        -Paul