Re: [native-nutrition] The Warrior Diet

  • Elaine
    Message 1 of 301 , Sep 12, 2002
      I read the Sac. Bee article. I personally cannot go all day without eating.
      I have starved plenty on all the diets and fasts i've been on and it's
      really toyed with me psychologically. Going hungry makes me panic now and
      then overeat.
      Elaine
    • Jana
      Message 301 of 301 , Sep 1, 2003
        I was just reading an article on the Weston Price Foundation site:

        http://www.westonaprice.org/traditional_diets/native_americans.html

        I'm sure many of you have read it already. It's called "Guts and
        Grease: the Diet of the Native Americans".

        I am looking for more information in the form of books or web sites
        about specific ways that hunter gatherers prepared and ate the parts
        of animals they hunted. I am able to get my own animals "whole" and
        wish to try some of the obscure parts, like the marrow, the stomach,
        etc. but I want some more info about what to do with it all. Can
        anyone help?

        Jana