Re: [NN] poem/my favorite new tv show

  • Amy Lewark
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 10, 2012
      Thank you both for sharing.

      Dr. Udeshi, I don't chew like a goat, but I'm always the last person to
      leave the table by a longshot! Maybe partly because I put so much effort
      into the preparation, I want to enjoy it.

      Also, Cass, thanks for the head's up on The Supersizers Go... I see it
      broadcasts at 8 pm our time.

      Amy

    • CASS KOTRBA
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 11, 2012
        Amy, did you watch it last night? The description said the era was going to be the 1950's but it ended up being the French Revolution. I just think it's the most interesting show. I tape them & will watch it again tonight with my daughter, 9 1/2 years old. She is addicted, too. It is better if I watch it first because it helps me answer her questions & she talks so much I can't hear what they're saying!

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 11, 2012
          I watched it last night, and then we all watched it again as a family. We
          thoroughly enjoyed it! I also shared it with my local homeschooling group,
          and got positive feedback. They are such a riot! Anyway I heard from
          another friend in Ireland who has seen them all who said the one from the
          1980's is really good, too (but her favorite was the French Revolution).

          That's amazing that they ate SOOO much over the course of the week -- even
          *sugar* and *white flour,* which is so maligned, and their liver health
          improved and weight did not increase. There was so much gelatin and
          protein, and veggies really looked to be used as garnish rather than
          central to their diet. I find that interesting in the context of my own
          health, as if we eat at a fancy restaurant (I have a BIL who is obsessed
          with the 5280 dining specials in Denver), we eat very similarly, and I feel
          just *great* afterward. Even if I "cheat" and have a little bread,
          typically. I don't tend to gain weight after such meals, either.

          It was funny to watch the chef grow increasingly exasperated over the
          course of the episode.

          I want to see more... you've created a monster! Perfect timing for me,
          though. I've been having fun with Genealogy for the last month.

          Amy

          On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM, CASS KOTRBA <caskot@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Amy, did you watch it last night? The description said the era was going
          > to be the 1950's but it ended up being the French Revolution. I just think
          > it's the most interesting show. I tape them & will watch it again tonight
          > with my daughter, 9 1/2 years old. She is addicted, too. It is better if I
          > watch it first because it helps me answer her questions & she talks so much
          > I can't hear what they're saying!

        • Katrina Cabral
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 11, 2012
            what show are you guys talking about?

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 11, 2012
              The Supersizers Go... Hey! I just found it on YouTube...

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQlanfOun64

              Amy

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 12, 2012
                I have seen about 4 episodes now & each time the doctor warns them about the dire consequences of eating so much protein & fat & every week their blood work is fine or improved. The only time their health suffered was when they did the Edwardian era when the water was all so polluted that people didn't drink it - ever! Babies were taken from the breast & put on beer. Sue & Giles really suffered from dehydration on that episode & their livers did show signs of it. It's amazing to me that a person could actually live their whole life without drinking water.

                I wonder how long this show has been running. I can't wait to catch up on reruns! I saw what must have been a scene from the episode on the '80's & I can't wait to see that one!

                The Supersizers Go... Hey! I just found it on YouTube...

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQlanfOun64<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQlanfOun64>

                Amy