Re: [FairTax] Fwd: FairTax to TOP of Congress's priorities! Make it happen here. . .

  • tleser@fairtaxindiana.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2006
      We are now in the lead, 30% votes for the FairTax as the best idea!!
      Great job everyone with the votes.

      OFF-TOPIC: Also I cannot believe that 92% would agree that Congress should
      get paid based on an approval rating. This is a ridiculous proposal that
      would lead to further pandering to the majority whether or not the
      majority is right or wrong. This is why our nation is a republic rather
      than a democracy to avoid the mob majority mentality. Our reps currently
      exhibit next to zero leadership qualities as it is and then to make their
      pay contingent on approval ratings?! Asinine!

      The better solution that would accomplish the same thing is term limits.