Fresh Rebate Pie!

  • Ashley Lewis
    Message 1 of 11 , May 2, 2005
      MyFairTax.org has added two new features to its already-popular QuickView of the FairTax module!

      Check out these new additions to the blue & gray checkerboard menu on MFT's QuickView page:

      "What About The Poor?" - This answers what is usually the first question out of the mouths of politically liberal folks who are just learning about the FairTax. This page explains how the FairTax not only benefits low income earners, but eliminates ways that today's income tax imposes hardships that hit poor people the hardest.

      The FairTax Rebate - Short, simple explanations about the basic features of the FairTax Family Consumption Allowance. Also includes pie chart illustrations of various household's annual spending, comparing how much is taxed with how much is tax-free after the rebate.

      Share these new links and help spread the FairTax word:
      www.myfairtax.org
      www.myfairtax.org/faq.html
      www.myfairtax.org/RebatePie.html

    • Seth Johnson
      Message 2 of 11 , May 3, 2005

        Your pie chart will be linked via fark.com at 6:13pm today. The last article received 20,000+ clicks.

        If any of you with accounts could hang around later this evening to answer questions that would be great. Again – focus on the topic and try to not get involved in political rants. If we focus on promoting the idea we’ll win in the long run. Fark.com has been pretty friendly to this idea and links submitted have been approved for the most part. Let’s not let things get ugly just because you have differing political views.

        Thanks,

        Seth

[...]

        www.fairtax.org,  http://us4fairtax.blogspot.com, www.myfairtax.org

        “Introduce a wise and efficient system of taxation, and life and energy will pervade the country. Without such a system, it will sink into general and fatal paralysis.” - The Atlantic Magazine  March 1862

      • Seth Johnson
        Message 3 of 11 , May 3, 2005

          Are purchases of stocks and investments taxable?

          Not the interest, but the purchase?

        • Genie Hayes
          Message 4 of 11 , May 3, 2005

            no

            Genie Hayes

            Grassroots and Communications

            genie@...

            1-800-FAIRTAX #137

            Message 5 of 11 , May 3, 2005

              Thanks for the info.

              Message 6 of 11 , May 3, 2005
                I think someone must have posted the pie link somewhere already, 'coz
                we had more hits by 3:00 central time today than any other previous
                day since we launched the site in mid-March.

                THANKS Seth!

                Ashley

                --- In nationalfairtax@yahoogroups.com, "Seth Johnson" <seth@p...>

                subject=Unsubscribe>

              • Mark Foster

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 3, 2005

                    As of 8:10pm the link has been clicked 12,876 times. And a few people are interested.

                    Nice. Well done with the charts.

                    Seth

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 3, 2005
                      The link was posted around then to the subscription side of fark.com...
                      I think it had a few hundred hits before it hit the main page at
                      fark.com at 6:13.

                      It's up to 15,000 now!

                      Seth

                      wrote:
                      > Your pie chart will be linked via fark.com at 6:13pm today. The last
                      > article received 20,000+ clicks.
                      >

                      > If any of you with accounts could hang around later this evening to
                      > answer questions that would be great. Again - focus on the topic
                      and try
                      > to not get involved in political rants. If we focus on promoting the
                      > idea we'll win in the long run. Fark.com has been pretty friendly to
                      > this idea and links submitted have been approved for the most part.
                      > Let's not let things get ugly just because you have differing
                      political
                      > views.
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      >
                      > Seth

                      subject=Unsubscribe>

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 3, 2005
                        Our results are absolutely phenomenal:

                        Page Loads 70,629
                        Unique Visitors 23,815
                        First Time Visitors 23,728

                        THANK YOU!

                      • kwalby@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 5, 2005
                          In a message dated 5/3/2005 8:38:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, fairtaxcitizen@... writes:
                          http://www.myfairtax.org/RebatePie.html
                          The person who created this graph might want to revise it.  The first $25,660 of spending is tax-free for a family of four.

                          Karen Walby, Ph.D.
                          Director of Research
                          FairTax.org