FW: FairTax Letter Writing 10/1

  • James Kleitz
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      Message

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Larry Whittington [mailto:larry.whittington@...]
      Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 10:29 AM
      To: FairTax Letter Writer
      Subject: FairTax Letter Writing 10/1

      Focus

      There are other issues to good government besides replacing income tax with FairTax.  Really.  BUT, they are secondary to what we are here to accomplish.  The other issues are showing up on many FairTax discussion sites.  Please don't be distracted by anything peripheral or tangential to FairTax.  FairTax is the first, the biggest and the best step toward better government that we can make happen.

      The issue of government spending is secondary.  The daily soap opera provided by our political parties is secondary.  The issue of anybody making money off FairTax books is way past secondary.  Energy spent writing about these issues would be better spent on writing that will provide more co-sponsors.

      Implementing FairTax at the federal level is our single point of focus.  If we take our eye off the ball we risk losing focus and diluting our strength.

      FairTaxers have become a mighty political force.  That force came to be because our hundreds of thousands are dedicated to a single goal.

      Don't be surprised if your faxes and letters aren't loudly acknowledged in Washington, DC.  FairTax is not what many of our public servants want to hear about, think about or talk about.  It threatens the status quo.  FairTax means tax lobbyists will have to find other ways to make a living.   It means politicians will have to find other ways to fund election campaigns.  It upsets a lot of applecarts.  Don't be surprised if they don't want to talk about it.

      For now, we are the ones doing the talking about FairTax.  After we have sent enough faxes, our politicians will become believers.  After we hammer them with enough polite questions about the FairTax Act, they will sign on.  After we convince them that we will vote only for FairTax supporters, they will take up the banner.  Same applies to the media.. enough of our faxes, letters and emails will convince them too.

      www.senate.gov                       www.house.gov

      Media Stars

      Send a short, quick note to tell them you want to hear from them about FairTax

      Lou Dobbs
      http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?9

      Neal Cavuto                    Cavuto@...

      Larry King
      http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?12

      Rush Limbaugh              rush@...

      Sean Hannity                 http://www.hannity.com/index/contact-form

      Larry Kudlow                 Kudlow@...

      Newt Gingrich
      http://www.newt.org/index.php?src=forms&id=Contact%20Us

      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead