[flfairtax] Re: [FAIRTAX_DD] Focus on House Ways and Means Committee

  • aaronfairtaxhtown
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2009
      Most Congressman have contact forms on their sites that make you list
      their whole address and if you call they'll ask for the same thing.
      Also, you'd be shocked how many zip codes are split between districts
      due to gerrymandering. A good number of times you'll need the 4 digit
      extension too.

      Aaron

      --- In nationalfairtax@yahoogroups.com, Tom kropewnicki
      <tkropewnicki@...> wrote:

      > I made a suggestion years ago that we post zip codes of memebers of
      congress for the districts they serve. Example 32771 is in John Mica's
      district.  We could send him 10K emails this week. Then we post
      another zip code for another member and email that member. We could do
      3 or 4 members or more a week. We continue this over and over.

      Committee
      iwanttaxreformnys@..., fairtaxjoanie@..., karenwalby@...,
      tom.wright@..., Steve@..., lyndee9749@..., Marysdaniel@...,
      5elves@..., StanJanOwens@..., jerryandmerle@..., neorab@...,
      kristinabouterse@..., caninecoach10@..., econnor@...,
      nyfairtax@yahoogroups.com, flfairtax@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 6:25 PM
      >

      > Hi All,
      > I responded (below) to the DD from NJ  08 and subsequently thought
      that maybe it is something that I should have sent for all to
      consider. We have a national web-site and the infrastructure for
      communicating to our member base.  Can we join together in an effort
      and push FairTax.org to have Convio develop the program I have been
      pursuing for three years.

      > If it is not AFFT, then let's agree to use just one of the existing
      sites or create one single one for the sole purpose of communicating
      with our Elected officials.

      > Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      >

      > Hi Thomas,
      >
      > I agree that it will take the House Ways and Means
      Committee to begin the debate on HR.25.  The only obstacle is that if
      you are not a resident of the representative's congressional district,
      they will humbly elude to a courtesy agreement that those thieves
      have.  In other words, if your zip code is not in their district they
      will not even consider responding and let you know that you are not.
      It is possible that all congressmen are not like that, but most are.
      I know from experience.

      > If we were to have a national call to action, we would have to focus
      and concentrate getting people who are residents of those particular
      districts to bombard them with letters and phone calls. Senators are
      different animals only because they have to kiss your butt every six
      years to get in power.  Our best chance is in the House.

      > I am hoping and praying that someone will eventually incorporate a
      program on a national basis to do just that.  For three years I have
      pushed to have AFFT use a program similar to what Numbers USA deploys
      with their immigration reform issue. They are able to contact their
      members, just like AFFT using the Convio system and send automated
      faxes to their respective representative's office.

      > We continue to create new individual FT group web-sites in hopes
      that we can attract enough of a member base that constitutes a
      powerful voice.  What we are doing, in fact is we are diluting our
      focus and dividing ourselves.

      > "United we stand, divided we fall".What do you think?
      >
      > Sincerely,
      >

      > Rick Rodriguez, Volunteer
      > District Director FL 07
      > Americans for Fair Taxation
      > 7 Edward Drive
      > Palm Coast, FL 32164
      > 386-586-5279 (Home)
      > 386-569-9945 (Cell)
      >
      > I believe in the FairTax visit us at www.fairtax.org
      >

      > The ultimate test of a man's conscience, may be his willingness to
      sacrifice something today for future generations , whose words of
      thanks will not be heard. Sen. Gaylord Nelson (D-WI)

      > In a message dated 2/4/2009 1:08:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      hfstjf@... writes:

      > I am new to this discussion group, but I have been District Director
      for NJ 8 for about one year.  My congressman, Bill Pascrell, is a
      member of the House Ways and Means Committee.  I believe any real
      initial effort by Congress to debate the FairTax will start in this
      Committee.

      > Accordingly, I have attached an Excel spreadsheet of the Committee's
      members and their contact info.  I am going to use the Word mail merge
      function to send a letter to each member.  I will fax it to their
      Washington and Home offices and follow up with a copy by mail.

      > I think each district director should get as many letters as
      possible sent to each Committee member.

      > I have attached a copy of my letter for your perusal.
      >
      > I can help with mail merges if anyone wants to send me their
      letterhead and a copy of their own letter in word format.  I would
      also be happy to run my letter with your letterhead and e mail a
      package back to you.  I recommend your own letter so you can stress
      the things that are important to you.

      > Thomas J. Freeman
      > hfstjf@...
      > 973-303-8151
      >

      > In a message dated 2/1/2009 9:59:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      fairtaxnow@aol. com writes:

      > If you are on this list and from one of the following states, please
      contact me!

      > AR
      > CO
      > IA
      > ID
      > MS
      > MT
      > ND
      > NH
      > NM
      > RI
      > VT
      > WY
      >
      > If you are a state director from one of the following states, please
      contact me!

      > PA
      > VA
      >
      > Thank you!
      > Marilyn Rickert
      > Voice: 708-687-9412
      > Cell: 708-227-8542
      > Fax: 708-687-4718
      >

      > A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!
      >

      > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL
      Music.

    • politicalpeter@xemaps.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2009
        I think one of our primary problems is: we seem to want to go to the 'top' with E-mails when what we should be doing is having lots of meeting with speakers who will attract crowds, and using meetings to organize 'marches' at appropriate times (like April 15th) and appropriate places (the local IRS office). Something that can be 'reported' and photographed.
        Peter Locke

        On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:15 AM, aaronfairtaxhtown <aaron.schutte@...> wrote:
        * Replies will be sent through Spamex to nationalfairtax@yahoogroups.com
        * For additional info click -> www.spamex.com/i/?v=31240500