Fwd: [pafairtax] Citizen Co-Sponsor of the FairTax

  • Tom kropewnicki
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2008
      Sam Wright <wrightsl@...> wrote:
      To: Sam Wright <wrightsl@...>
      From: Sam Wright <wrightsl@...>
      Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:24:39 -0800 (PST)
      Subject: [pafairtax] Citizen Co-Sponsor of the FairTax

      Congressman John Linder, the Sponsor of HR25 the Fair Tax in the House of Representatives, has begun a program to get a feel for the actual support of the HR25 the Fair Tax. Here is his message:
      “We need to show that the issue of fundamental tax reform is critical to the economic growth of this nation, and I want to bring a million names to Washington, D.C. to make that point. Please sign on today to show your support for the passage of HR25 to create a simple and fair tax system.”
      Go to this website:
      and add your name as a citizen co-sponsor of the FairTax.
      Be sure to pass this information along to all of the supporters (including spouses) that you know and remember to tell all new supporters that you bring on board.
      Gene Key
      GA Volunteer State Director

    • G. A. Lewis
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 21, 2008
        This is significant!
        Here's why:

        Think about it on a practical physical level. Which would produce the
        greater impact on Nancy Pelosi and the rest of Congress?:

        a.) Privately accrue a 1 million name data base.
        <or>
        b.) Present 1 million postcards on the House floor.

        So Rep. Linder is building a data base for some reason. Q: Why?

        Let me make this clear: I have already gone to his Web site and added
        my name to his data base. Whatever John Linder is up to, he derserves
        our support!

        As a Rep. from a Congressional District in Georgia, Linder should
        have little use for a nationwide FT supporter's email list,
        especially if he believes that AFFT in Houston is already doing a
        good job of the absolutely critical task of maintaining and
        capitalizing on such an email address data base.

        There are only a few reasons Linder would go to the trouble of
        soliciting a national email list like this.
        Here are the most likely possible reasons I can think of, in reversed
        cynical priority:

        A) Rep. Linder is trying to take a more active role in leading the FT
        grassroots movement; he wants to try something new.

        B) Rep. Linder is testing for a pulse on grassroots support for the
        FT.
        Maybe he is concerned that interest is waning.

        C) Rep. Linder wants to use the list to help Mike Huckabee's campaign
        for President.

        D) Rep. Linder wants to start building a support base for a future
        candidacy of his own. Maybe he'll use the list to solicit support for
        Fair Tax supporters for his reelection campaign.

        E) Rep. Linder wants to sell or trade the mail list (very unlikely).

        I'm leaning toward "C."

        If you can think if other reasons why Rep. Linder would attempt to
        build a national level email data base, or have other thoughts on
        this subject, please - go add your name to Linder list first - then
        post a comment here.
      • Tom kropewnicki