Guiliani not on board with the FairTax, definitily

  • James Kleitz
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
      See link to article:

      http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ie0AXT5wT2MAtnVwJEOoBbjCeEBAD8TA6KR80

      --
      James Kleitz
      Atlanta, GA
      jamesk404@...

      www.fairtax.org,  http://us4fairtax.blogspot.com, www.fairtaxgroups.com, http://fairtaxblog.blogspot.com

      "At the bottom of the endless pile of paperwork, which characterizes all regulation, lies a gun." - Alan Greenspan

      Just remember that government regulation is not just meaningless paperwork. There is only one entity in this country that has a legal monopoly on murder and force.
    • Tom kropewnicki
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
        Not only is he not on board, he isn't even on the track.

        jamesk404@gmail. com

        www.fairtax. org,  http://us4fairtax. blogspot. com, www.fairtaxgroups. com, http://fairtaxblog. blogspot. com

        "At the bottom of the endless pile of paperwork, which characterizes all regulation, lies a gun." - Alan Greenspan

        Just remember that government regulation is not just meaningless paperwork. There is only one entity in this country that has a legal monopoly on murder and force.

      • Sam Crowe
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
          James,

          I tried the link you provided but didn't get it to work.  So I googled and found this statement attributed to Giuliani:

          "I think there are several tax deductions that are vital to our economy," Giuliani said. "This would not be a good time — I don't know if there would ever be a good time to do this — to advocate ending the home mortgage deduction. The home mortgage deduction is considered by many critical to the ability of people to buy a home and keep their home."

          Is this a hoax?  Giuliani is smart enough to know you wouldn't need a mortgage deduction on income taxes that you wouldn't be paying?  Not to mention, who in the world pays their mortgage with the mortgage deduction?  This doesn't add up, is some campaign putting out bogus statements?

        • Aaron Schutte
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007

            Sam, it’s not a hoax. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfVL1HfO58E

            Aaron Schutte

            Grassroots Special Projects Coordinator

            713.963.9023 ext. 9612

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 18, 2007
              Trying to explain the Fairtax to close minded people like Guillani is simply impossible.  In addition, with Guillani being such a liberal, he has old school interests that want to keep the old tax code. The tax code is good to businesses, investors, tax pros that know how to manipulate it while punishing those that don't.  These people currently pay little or no tax at all.  They do not want the Fairtax for they have never paid their fair share and are not about to start to.  These people are pushing Congress to maintain the status quo.  That is the enemy we really have to fight.

              Republican RINOs like Guillani or McCain are already part of the problem, the old school that wants to keep the old tax code because they can manipulate it and their special interests want it left alone.