AJC FairTax Blog

  • James Kleitz
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2007
      Read the blog and insert your comments.

      Blogwatch: The GOP field and the Fair Tax

      Monday, August 6, 2007, 01:50 PM

      The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

      After the weekend debate in Iowa, State Sen. David Shafer of Duluth gave voice to some of the internal dialogue occurring among Republicans vis a vis the '08 presidential contest.

      On his blog, Shafer wondered at the poor reception the Fair Tax has gotten among three of the four Republican leaders:

      I knew that Governor Huckabee supported the Fair Tax. I did not realize that Rudy Giuliani, John McCain and Mitt Romney had all ruled it out.

      Giuliani's answer to the Fair Tax question, in particular, was disappointing. He expressed puzzlement over the Fair Tax's "complicated" details.

      "When Tom Tancredo suggested that the ex-mayor read the Fair Tax Book written by Neal Boortz and John Linder, Guiliani shouted out that he already had, prompting Tancredo to wonder aloud why he was still having such difficulty understanding the details. I wondered the same thing myself.

      I am hopeful that Fred Thompson will embrace the Fair Tax when he enters the Presidential race. When he was in Atlanta last month, he indicated that he was open minded.

      --
      James Kleitz
      Atlanta, GA

      www.fairtax.org,  http://us4fairtax.blogspot.com, www.fairtaxgroups.com, http://fairtaxblog.blogspot.com

      "At the bottom of the endless pile of paperwork, which characterizes all regulation, lies a gun." - Alan Greenspan

      Just remember that government regulation is not just meaningless paperwork. There is only one entity in this country that has a legal monopoly on murder and force.