Thanks for the conference call!

  • Boyd Parks (FairTax)
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2006
      Dear Mr. Linbeck,

      Thank you for having these calls. They are very important to us here in the field to
      feel that there is a cohesive organization that is doing useful things at a high level
      while we are out here in the trenches, trying to make small differences.

      I am sorry I did not think to get this question/suggestion to you before the call.

      It seems to me that if we or you could contact ADP and other, large, (and small)
      payroll processing companies, at the board and executive level, and ask their
      cooperation, many might agree to put an AFFT insert in every paycheck they process
      each payday until HR 25 is passed into law. Even if they would just print something
      simple on each paycheck, it would cost virtually nothing! They may have objections
      and we may need to go to their clients, but the employees/taxpayers are the exact
      people we need to educate! The cost should be minimal, especially compared to the
      $135MM figure I recall mentioned for a large, media campaign. The wage-earners
      are our target market, it seems to me, and really should be enough voters, in any
      case, to make the difference that we need to get the FairTax passed.

      Will you attempt to make the necessary contacts, or do we, out here in the trenches,
      need to take this up as a cause? Do you agree that the wage earners are our real
      target audience? Rush Limbaugh got me energized back in February when he said
      that when the voters who do not pay income taxes outnumber those of us who do,
      that we will never see tax reform! All that I have read indicates that we are
      approaching that sad state of affairs very quickly. We need to make an all out effort
      to get HR 25 passed as soon as possible, and certainly, before we taxpayers are
      outnumbered by the non-taxpayer voters!

      I have copied a few Yahoo groups in case other volunteers may have, or can find,
      high-level contacts at payroll processors. Please let me know how we can help! I
      think we need to make this a top priority for the grassroots organization!

      Leo, thank for all you do and have done! Together we *can* get this done!

      Boyd

      --
      Boyd Parks - FairTax Volunteer
      Director, 6th & 11th Congressional Districts

      Make April 15th Just Another Day
      Visit http://fairtax.org & http://gafairtax.org
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6998210790119782082

      "A consumption tax would be an excellent alternative to our
      current overly burdensome and complicated federal income tax
      system. It would create the economic growth, capital
      investment and savings that the United States so desperately
      requires." - Alan Greenspan