Jake's Metric Century

  • Allen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
      Mr. Jake took us on a great route Sunday. It was 62 miles from Coles Creek which would make it right at 100 from the Armory. Here is a link. Allen

      The following link is from the Trimble AllSport GPS Web Site:

      http://www.allsportgps.com/Data/ActivityDisplay.aspx?tripId=64855
    • a a
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
        How was the dog population and traffic?

        Allen <allenrichard@...> wrote:
        Mr. Jake took us on a great route Sunday. It was 62 miles from Coles Creek which would make it right at 100 from the Armory. Here is a link. Allen

        The following link is from the Trimble AllSport GPS Web Site:

        http://www.allsportgps.com/Data/ActivityDisplay.aspx?tripId=64855

        Get your own web address.

      • Nicole Hamilton
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
          Looks like a great route. It takes you through Fayette, then
          Harriston, onto Redlick. After that I'm lost. What is the road that
          runs from Redlick to the Windsor Ruins road? I drive that area quite
          often with work, but I've only driven 552 from Redlick. The roads are
          low traffic and pretty scenic too.
        • Allen Richard
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
            Dogs were at a minimum; a few, but no big chasers.

            Traffic was a little busy around Fayette; Sunday Church traffic.  I imagine some of the highways would be busy during the week.

            We rode the route clockwise.  If you use the slider on the left side of the map, you can zoom in and see the road names.  Double click on the map to center that spot.  Click and drag the map in any direction.  Let me know what you think of the Allsportgps.com site.  I would like to use it or a similar tool to map and archive local rides.

            Basically, though, the route is:
            Coles Creek north to Hwy 552
            West (left) toward Alcorn.
            We rode through campus and came out the back road onto Hwy 552 aka Rodney Rd
            Turn right onto Russom Westside to Hwy 61
            Russom Westside is the route the Union Army took into Port Gibson
            Hwy 61 South (right) about 200 yards
            Left on Woodvine to Hwy 552 (again)
            Hwy 552 turns left, We turned right onto County Rd
            Right on Harriston Rd to Harriston store (open on Sundays, clean)
            Left out of Harriston to Fayette
            Hwy 553 out of Fayette, across Hwy 61 to Trace
            Back down to Coles Creek

            62 miles, good roads, low traffic, few dogs, noticeably courteous drivers

            Allen R.

            Looks like a great route. It takes you through Fayette, then
            Harriston, onto Redlick. After that I'm lost. What is the road that
            runs from Redlick to the Windsor Ruins road? I drive that area quite
            often with work, but I've only driven 552 from Redlick. The roads are
            low traffic and pretty scenic too.

            always stay connected to friends.