Re: [NASTRO] 2nite

  • ian vincent
    Message 1 of 27 , Jun 2, 2008
      Thanks Paul. Great idea. Have had probs with the barlow and other bits added to the secondary housing too.  Magnets ordered and will be going for the weights sometime this week (or maybe drop a hint for father's day!).

      ian

      Paul Lewis <Paul_Yahoo@...> wrote:
      Apologies.

      This email was not meant to go to the Nastro Yahoo group.

      Paul

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
      A Smarter Email.

    • malcolm robinson
      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 23, 2008

        hi  everyone

        paul and tim all that talk about food has made me hungry,i am going for a chineese.

        any way did everyone see that clear sky last night? if it clears up tonight are we meeting up?

        adrian needs an excuse to get his 16" out.

        cheers malcolm

      • Adrian Jannetta
        Message 3 of 27 , Aug 23, 2008

          Let’s see how the weather is later.  The forecast on metcheck is worse than earlier – heavy rain at 10pm.

          Adrian

          Message 4 of 27 , Aug 23, 2008

            no probs let me know

            malcolm

            Message Received: Aug 23 2008, 06:24 PM
            From: "Adrian Jannetta"
            To: nastro@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: RE: [NASTRO] 2nite

            Message 5 of 27 , Aug 23, 2008
              Malcolm

              I think we need to wait and see. Metcheck is still forecasting rain.

              The Met Office says:
              "Cloud will quickly increase with outbreaks of rain spreading from the
              west during the evening and first part of the night. Becoming drier
              around dawn as rain clears."

              In the meantime here's a picture of Hazel Blears
              :http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2604065/Hazel-Blears-bikini-image-is-top-Google-result.html

              Regards
              Paul

              malcolm robinson wrote:

              > hi everyone
              >
              > paul and tim all that talk about food has made me hungry,i am going
              > for a chineese.
              >
              > any way did everyone see that clear sky last night? if it clears up
              > tonight are we meeting up?
              >
              > adrian needs an excuse to get his 16" out.
              >
              > cheers malcolm

            • Tim
              Message 6 of 27 , Aug 23, 2008
                Is that what Adrian is getting his 16" out for???????????

                malcolm robinson wrote:

                > hi everyone
                >
                > paul and tim all that talk about food has made me hungry,i am going
                > for a chineese.
                >
                > any way did everyone see that clear sky last night? if it clears up
                > tonight are we meeting up?
                >
                > adrian needs an excuse to get his 16" out.
                >
                > cheers malcolm
                >

                >----------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

                >Checked by AVG.

              • Paul Lewis
                Message 7 of 27 , Aug 23, 2008
                  There is an eerie glow in the sky - it's either cloud cover (what - in
                  England!) or an alien invasion. Personally I think I'll opt for the
                  second, 'cos they've made the stars go out as well. If (when?) it
                  starts raining it just means that they're washing their spaceships in
                  orbit. What more proof do you need?

                  Regards
                  Paul

                  Adrian Jannetta wrote:

                  > Let’s see how the weather is later. The forecast on metcheck is worse
                  > than earlier – heavy rain at 10pm.
                  >

                  > Adrian

                • malcolm robinson
                  Message 8 of 27 , Aug 29, 2008

                    hi who ever is out there

                    tonight is a washout good forecast for tomorrow if anyone is up for it?

                    cheers malcolm

                  • Paul Lewis
                    Message 9 of 27 , Aug 29, 2008
                      Malcolm

                      I'm out here. We'll see about tomorrow, then.

                      Regards
                      Paul

                      malcolm robinson wrote:

                      > hi who ever is out there
                      >
                      > tonight is a washout good forecast for tomorrow if anyone is up for it?
                      >
                      > cheers malcolm

                    • malcolm robinson
                      Message 10 of 27 , Aug 30, 2008

                        paul

                        still cloudy here with the sun peeking through,see what happens later.

                        cheers malcolm

                      • Paul Lewis
                        Message 11 of 27 , Aug 30, 2008
                          Malcolm

                          I don't think the cloud is very thick. There seems to be shades of blue
                          showing through. Still plenty of time so, as you say, see what happens
                          later.

                          Reagrds
                          Paul

                          malcolm robinson wrote:

                          > paul
                          >
                          > still cloudy here with the sun peeking through,see what happens later.
                          >
                          > cheers malcolm

                        • malcolm robinson
                          Message 12 of 27 , Aug 30, 2008

                            paul

                            not looking good mate better look next time.

                            cheers malcolm

                            Message Received: Aug 30 2008, 04:05 PM
                            From: "Paul Lewis"
                            To: nastro@yahoogroups.com

                            malcolm robinson wrote:

                            > paul
                            >
                            > still cloudy here with the sun peeking through,see what happens later.
                            >
                            > cheers malcolm
                            >

                            >----------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

                            >Checked by AVG.

                          • Paul Lewis
                            Message 13 of 27 , Aug 30, 2008
                              Malcolm

                              Thanks for the weatherwatch. I've spoken to Austin as well and, with
                              the change in the weather, I think we can consider that observing
                              tonight (Saturday 30 August) is definitely cancelled.

                              Regards
                              Paul

                              malcolm robinson wrote:

                              > paul
                              >
                              > not looking good mate better look next time.
                              >
                              > cheers malcolm

                              > Message Received: Aug 30 2008, 04:05 PM
                              > From: "Paul Lewis"
                              > To: nastro@yahoogroups.com
                              > Subject: Re: [NASTRO] 2nite
                              >
                              > Malcolm
                              >
                              > I don't think the cloud is very thick. There seems to be shades of
                              > blue
                              > showing through. Still plenty of time so, as you say, see what
                              > happens
                              > later.
                              >
                              > Reagrds
                              > Paul
                              >
                              > malcolm robinson wrote:
                              >
                              > > paul
                              > >
                              > > still cloudy here with the sun peeking through,see what happens
                              > later.
                              > >
                              > > cheers malcolm

                              > 24/08/08 12:15
                              > >

                              > --
                              > 24/08/08 12:15

                            • malcolm robinson
                              Message 14 of 27 , Feb 21, 2009

                                hi all

                                if it clears does anyone want to meet at hauxley about 7.30.

                                if not tonight tomorrow night for a few hours.

                                cheers malcolm

                              • Adrian Jannetta
                                Message 15 of 27 , Feb 21, 2009

                                  Cloud looks like it’s breaking up.  Maybe we’ll be lucky with the weather tonight.

                                  Adrian

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Feb 21, 2009
                                    Message Received: Feb 21 2009, 05:39 PM
                                    From: "Adrian Jannetta"
                                    To: nastro@yahoogroups.com

                                    Cloud looks like it’s breaking up.  Maybe we’ll be lucky with the weather tonight.

                                    Adrian

                                    if it clears does anyone want to meet at hauxley about 7.30.

                                    if not tonight tomorrow night for a few hours.

                                    cheers malcolm

                                    .

                                  • Adrian Jannetta
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Feb 21, 2009

                                      Looks like it might be clear enough to do some observing tonight!  I just spoke to Malcolm and we’re planning to be at Hauxley from about 8pm.

                                      Hope to see you there,

                                      Adrian

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Feb 21, 2009
                                        It's 19:05 and I've just seen these mesages. Unfortunately I am working
                                        this weekend again so I won't be around. It looked like it was clearing
                                        on the way home, so you might be lucky.

                                        Anybody notice the sunset earlier. It was dark blue clouds with red
                                        edging stripes underneath. I've not seen anything like it before. Has
                                        there been a volcanic eruption recently, perhaps?

                                        Regards
                                        Paul

                                        Adrian Jannetta wrote:

                                        > Looks like it might be clear enough to do some observing tonight! I
                                        > just spoke to Malcolm and we’re planning to be at Hauxley from about 8pm.
                                        >
                                        > Hope to see you there,
                                        >
                                        > Adrian

                                      • malcolm robinson
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Feb 22, 2009

                                          paul i seen that sky aswell

                                          malcolm

                                          Message Received: Feb 21 2009, 07:11 PM
                                          From: "Paul Lewis"
                                          To: nastro@yahoogroups.com

                                          Adrian Jannetta wrote:

                                          > Looks like it might be clear enough to do some observing tonight! I
                                          > just spoke to Malcolm and we’re planning to be at Hauxley from about 8pm.
                                          >
                                          > Hope to see you there,
                                          >
                                          > Adrian

                                          <*> Your email settings:
                                          Individual Email | Traditional