Re: [NASTRO] Observing tonight? ...anyone?

  • malcolm robinson
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2010

      dave

      i don't know if you got the message last night, i was working and asked adrian to email everyone as it was cloudy from were i was.

      i think we are defenitly going for it tonight we could meet at 9.30ish.

      cheers malcolm

      Message Received: Aug 31 2010, 05:22 PM
      From: "Dave Scott"
      To: "nastro@yahoogroups.com"
      Subject: Re: [NASTRO] Observing tonight? ...anyone?

      Cool Adrian. Can you bring my battery. I'm happy for you to use it tonight if it still has sufficient charge but I'd like to get it home tonight to recharge or if you are out later than me and wish to use it I could bring the charger along so you can take it home again and recharge it yourself.

      Dave Scott

      I’ll be there.

      From: "Dave Scott"
      To: nastro@yahoogroups.com

      Shame the boys didn't go.  It was a fantastic sky tonight.

      I have been out in the sticks all day with no mobile phone signal else I would have replied earlier, but after the Glendale show we stopped in at a friend's house which led to helping him feed pheasants and mend electric fences, followed by some (attempted but unsuccessful) pigeon shooting, followed by fish and chips, followed by some astronomy with a small refractor that he has.  The sky has been absolutely excellent, so I introduced him to Jupiter and its moons, the moon, M13 (which I was surprised I found with all of 70mm of aperture), M31, a satellite, a meteor and the Milky Way.

      He lives near Longframlington and the sky up there was awesome.

      Sorry to hear illness prevented you from getting out, but we men don't understand why women think a cold is nothing serious.  It is chronic and debilitating.  I would have an ambulance on standby and be claiming benefits by now were I so afflicted.

      Get well soon gentlemen.

      Dave

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 1, 2010
        Malcolm

        I should be there.

        I am going out to start sacrificing to Grothar now. I haven't got any
        chickens, but I could probably find a few earthworms...

        Regards
        Paul

        malcolm robinson wrote:

        > dave
        >
        > i don't know if you got the message last night, i was working and asked
        > adrian to email everyone as it was cloudy from were i was.
        >
        > i think we are defenitly going for it tonight we could meet at 9.30ish.
        >
        > cheers malcolm

        > Message Received: Aug 31 2010, 05:22 PM
        > From: "Dave Scott"
        > To: "nastro@yahoogroups.com"
        > Subject: Re: [NASTRO] Observing tonight? ...anyone?
        >

        > Cool Adrian. Can you bring my battery. I'm happy for you to use it
        > tonight if it still has sufficient charge but I'd like to get it
        > home tonight to recharge or if you are out later than me and wish to
        > use it I could bring the charger along so you can take it home again
        > and recharge it yourself.
        >
        > Dave Scott
        >
        > On 31 Aug 2010, at 17:09, "Adrian Jannetta" <adrian@...
        > <mailto:adrian@...>> wrote:
        >

        >> I’ll be there.

      • Dave Scott

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 1, 2010
            Weather and weather forecast aren't looking good. Think you need to step up from worms Paul. Perhaps a stray cat or maybe Emma could provide one.

            Dave Scott

            malcolm robinson wrote:

            > dave
            >
            > i don't know if you got the message last night, i was working and asked
            > adrian to email everyone as it was cloudy from were i was.
            >
            > i think we are defenitly going for it tonight we could meet at 9.30ish.
            >
            > cheers malcolm

            > Message Received: Aug 31 2010, 05:22 PM
            > From: "Dave Scott"
            > To: "nastro@yahoogroups.com"
            > Subject: Re: [NASTRO] Observing tonight? ...anyone?
            >

            > Cool Adrian. Can you bring my battery. I'm happy for you to use it
            > tonight if it still has sufficient charge but I'd like to get it
            > home tonight to recharge or if you are out later than me and wish to
            > use it I could bring the charger along so you can take it home again
            > and recharge it yourself.
            >
            > Dave Scott
            >
            > On 31 Aug 2010, at 17:09, "Adrian Jannetta" <adrian@...
            > <mailto:adrian@...>> wrote:
            >

            >> I’ll be there.

          • Paul Lewis
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 1, 2010
              Dave

              It's doing what the forecast said it would. At the moment, the forecast
              is much better for tomorrow night. At the moment...

              Maybe we could sacrifice an Astro-Trac. Do we know anybody who has one?

              Regards
              Paul

              Dave Scott wrote:

              > Weather and weather forecast aren't looking good. Think you need to step
              > up from worms Paul. Perhaps a stray cat or maybe Emma could provide one.
              >
              > Dave Scott
              >
              > On 1 Sep 2010, at 10:11, Paul Lewis <Paul_Yahoo@...
              > <mailto:Paul_Yahoo@...>> wrote:
              >

              >> Malcolm
              >>
              >> I should be there.
              >>
              >> I am going out to start sacrificing to Grothar now. I haven't got any
              >> chickens, but I could probably find a few earthworms...
              >>
              >> Regards
              >> Paul
              >>
              >> malcolm robinson wrote:
              >> >

              >> > dave
              >> >
              >> > i don't know if you got the message last night, i was working and asked
              >> > adrian to email everyone as it was cloudy from were i was.
              >> >
              >> > i think we are defenitly going for it tonight we could meet at 9.30ish.
              >> >
              >> > cheers malcolm
              >> >

              >> > ========================================
              >> > Message Received: Aug 31 2010, 05:22 PM
              >> > From: "Dave Scott"
              >> > To: " <mailto:nastro%40yahoogroups.com>nastro@yahoogroups.com
              >> <mailto:nastro@yahoogroups.com>"
              >> > Subject: Re: [NASTRO] Observing tonight? ...anyone?
              >> >

              >> > Cool Adrian. Can you bring my battery. I'm happy for you to use it
              >> > tonight if it still has sufficient charge but I'd like to get it
              >> > home tonight to recharge or if you are out later than me and wish to
              >> > use it I could bring the charger along so you can take it home again
              >> > and recharge it yourself.
              >> >
              >> > Dave Scott
              >> >
              >> > On 31 Aug 2010, at 17:09, "Adrian Jannetta" <
              >> <mailto:adrian%40themoon.co.uk>adrian@...
              >> <mailto:adrian@...>
              >> > <mailto: <mailto:adrian%40themoon.co.uk>adrian@...

              >> <mailto:nastro@yahoogroups.com> <mailto:
              >> <mailto:nastro%40yahoogroups.com>nastro@yahoogroups.com

            • Paul Lewis
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 1, 2010
                Folks

                Unless anyone has a radio telescope, tonights observing is cancelled due
                to a lack of clear skies.

                However, as I said in an earlier email, the forecasts (note the plural)
                for tomorrow night (Thursday 2 September) were promising, so keep
                watching. And sacrificing.

                Regards
                Paul

                Dave Scott wrote:

                > Weather and weather forecast aren't looking good. Think you need to step
                > up from worms Paul. Perhaps a stray cat or maybe Emma could provide one.
                >
                > Dave Scott
                >
                > On 1 Sep 2010, at 10:11, Paul Lewis <Paul_Yahoo@...
                > <mailto:Paul_Yahoo@...>> wrote:
                >

                >> Malcolm
                >>
                >> I should be there.
                >>
                >> I am going out to start sacrificing to Grothar now. I haven't got any
                >> chickens, but I could probably find a few earthworms...
                >>
                >> Regards
                >> Paul
                >>
                >> malcolm robinson wrote:
                >> >

                >> > dave
                >> >
                >> > i don't know if you got the message last night, i was working and asked
                >> > adrian to email everyone as it was cloudy from were i was.
                >> >
                >> > i think we are defenitly going for it tonight we could meet at 9.30ish.
                >> >
                >> > cheers malcolm
                >> >

                >> > ========================================
                >> > Message Received: Aug 31 2010, 05:22 PM
                >> > From: "Dave Scott"
                >> > To: " <mailto:nastro%40yahoogroups.com>nastro@yahoogroups.com
                >> <mailto:nastro@yahoogroups.com>"
                >> > Subject: Re: [NASTRO] Observing tonight? ...anyone?
                >> >

                >> > Cool Adrian. Can you bring my battery. I'm happy for you to use it
                >> > tonight if it still has sufficient charge but I'd like to get it
                >> > home tonight to recharge or if you are out later than me and wish to
                >> > use it I could bring the charger along so you can take it home again
                >> > and recharge it yourself.
                >> >
                >> > Dave Scott
                >> >
                >> > On 31 Aug 2010, at 17:09, "Adrian Jannetta" <
                >> <mailto:adrian%40themoon.co.uk>adrian@...
                >> <mailto:adrian@...>
                >> > <mailto: <mailto:adrian%40themoon.co.uk>adrian@...

                >> <mailto:nastro@yahoogroups.com> <mailto: