Re: [nashvilleorigami] Hiya

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20, 2009
      Do you have any pictures?  I could probably identify them...

      Sorry I haven't had much time to work on starting up this group yet.  I'll try to get around to that in the next day or two.

      malachi

      On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 7:42 AM, mnl7195 <michael.littrell@...> wrote:

      Just got around to getting my account going again. I haven't posted anything on Yahoo in a minute.

      I've done several origami projects this year with my students, but I have no idea what the names of them are. The two best were a modular star design made up of triangles and a flower shape that slid apart to form a ring. The entire school was awash in paper folding for a few weeks. I've been trying to figure out how to make something out of the classic gum wrapper chain shape. I've seen bags and wallets made from this but it might be a little too difficult for 12-14 year olds.

      Ideas?

      Thanks

      Michael

    • Sparr
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20, 2009
        I did some research into the gum wrapper chain purses recently...
        Every one I found was just the standard chain stitched together at the
        edges with thread or fishing line. I have been trying to come up with
        a 2d tiling variant with a similar link and lock to the classic chain,
        with little success. I have exhausted the possibilities with 1x3
        units and am now looking into patterns using 1x4 units.