Re: [nashvilleorigami] Re: next meeting and the cherry blossom festival

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 12, 2010
      I plan to come... but I'll probably be there for the second half as I am running in the morning.

      Joelle

      On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Malachi Brown <malachus@...> wrote:

      Oh, for more information.
      http://nashvillecherryblossomfestival.org/

      On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Malachi Brown <malachus@...> wrote:
      > First of all, I have been rather busy so I haven't had a chance to
      > look at scheduling a meeting in March.  I'm leaning toward just
      > pushing our next meeting into April, unless there are objections.
      >
      > Second of all, we have been invited to host a booth at the Cherry
      > Blossom Festival on Saturday, March 27 from 10 AM - 4 PM in the square
      > in front of the courthouse downtown.  I will be providing some
      > examples of origami (I have a plan to keep them from blowing away and
      > such), and I will be teaching simple models.  I would love to have any
      > of you who are willing join me for at least part of the day. Let me
      > know if you can attend.
      >
      > thanks,
      > malachi

      Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets.  Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
      Tom Stoppard
    • doblopapel
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 20, 2010
        I can let you know a little closer to the day. Between the project from hell and the class from hell, it's difficult to make plans very far in advance.

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 23, 2010
          I had a conflict, but it's been cancelled, so I can help in the
          afternoon. What models do you plan to teach? I'd like to practice
          before Saturday so I can be more useful.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 23, 2010

            Great, I'm glad you'll be able to make it.

            Just simple models, nothing more complicated than the Crane, and maybe not even that.

            Probably the masu box, water bomb/baloon, jumping frog, and samurai helmet.

            Thanks,
            Malachi