Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: next meeting and the cherry blossom festival

Expand Messages
  • Malachi Brown
    Oh, for more information. http://nashvillecherryblossomfestival.org/
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11, 2010
      Oh, for more information.
      http://nashvillecherryblossomfestival.org/


      On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Malachi Brown <malachus@...> wrote:
      > First of all, I have been rather busy so I haven't had a chance to
      > look at scheduling a meeting in March.  I'm leaning toward just
      > pushing our next meeting into April, unless there are objections.
      >
      > Second of all, we have been invited to host a booth at the Cherry
      > Blossom Festival on Saturday, March 27 from 10 AM - 4 PM in the square
      > in front of the courthouse downtown.  I will be providing some
      > examples of origami (I have a plan to keep them from blowing away and
      > such), and I will be teaching simple models.  I would love to have any
      > of you who are willing join me for at least part of the day. Let me
      > know if you can attend.
      >
      > thanks,
      > malachi
      >
    • J K
      I plan to come... but I ll probably be there for the second half as I am running in the morning. Joelle ... -- Joelle Skill without imagination is
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12, 2010
        I plan to come... but I'll probably be there for the second half as I am running in the morning.

        Joelle

        On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Malachi Brown <malachus@...> wrote:
         

        Oh, for more information.
        http://nashvillecherryblossomfestival.org/



        On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Malachi Brown <malachus@...> wrote:
        > First of all, I have been rather busy so I haven't had a chance to
        > look at scheduling a meeting in March.  I'm leaning toward just
        > pushing our next meeting into April, unless there are objections.
        >
        > Second of all, we have been invited to host a booth at the Cherry
        > Blossom Festival on Saturday, March 27 from 10 AM - 4 PM in the square
        > in front of the courthouse downtown.  I will be providing some
        > examples of origami (I have a plan to keep them from blowing away and
        > such), and I will be teaching simple models.  I would love to have any
        > of you who are willing join me for at least part of the day. Let me
        > know if you can attend.
        >
        > thanks,
        > malachi
        >



        --
        Joelle


        Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets.  Imagination without skill gives us modern art.  
        Tom Stoppard
      • doblopapel
        I can let you know a little closer to the day. Between the project from hell and the class from hell, it s difficult to make plans very far in advance.
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 20, 2010
          I can let you know a little closer to the day. Between the project from hell and the class from hell, it's difficult to make plans very far in advance.



          --- In nashvilleorigami@yahoogroups.com, Malachi Brown <malachus@...> wrote:
          >
          > First of all, I have been rather busy so I haven't had a chance to
          > look at scheduling a meeting in March. I'm leaning toward just
          > pushing our next meeting into April, unless there are objections.
          >
          > Second of all, we have been invited to host a booth at the Cherry
          > Blossom Festival on Saturday, March 27 from 10 AM - 4 PM in the square
          > in front of the courthouse downtown. I will be providing some
          > examples of origami (I have a plan to keep them from blowing away and
          > such), and I will be teaching simple models. I would love to have any
          > of you who are willing join me for at least part of the day. Let me
          > know if you can attend.
          >
          > thanks,
          > malachi
          >
        • Elizabeth Sanford
          I had a conflict, but it s been cancelled, so I can help in the afternoon. What models do you plan to teach? I d like to practice before Saturday so I can be
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 23, 2010
            I had a conflict, but it's been cancelled, so I can help in the
            afternoon. What models do you plan to teach? I'd like to practice
            before Saturday so I can be more useful.

            Thanks,
            Elizabeth
          • Malachi Brown
            Great, I m glad you ll be able to make it. Just simple models, nothing more complicated than the Crane, and maybe not even that. Probably the masu box, water
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 23, 2010

              Great, I'm glad you'll be able to make it.

              Just simple models, nothing more complicated than the Crane, and maybe not even that.

              Probably the masu box, water bomb/baloon, jumping frog, and samurai helmet.

              Thanks,
              Malachi

              On Mar 23, 2010 10:09 PM, "Elizabeth Sanford" <esanford@...> wrote:

               

              I had a conflict, but it's been cancelled, so I can help in the
              afternoon. What models do you plan to teach? I'd like to practice
              before Saturday so I can be more useful.

              Thanks,
              Elizabeth

            • Elizabeth Sanford
              I haven t tried the jumping frog, but the others are familiar, and I m sure I can find a diagram for that one. Thanks, E
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 23, 2010
                I haven't tried the jumping frog, but the others are familiar, and I'm sure I can find a diagram for that one.

                Thanks,
                E

                On Mar 23, 2010, at 10:16 PM, Malachi Brown wrote:


                Great, I'm glad you'll be able to make it.

                Just simple models, nothing more complicated than the Crane, and maybe not even that.

                Probably the masu box, water bomb/baloon, jumping frog, and samurai helmet.

                Thanks,
                Malachi


                On Mar 23, 2010 10:09 PM, "Elizabeth Sanford" <esanford@comcast. net> wrote:

                 

                I had a conflict, but it's been cancelled, so I can help in the 
                afternoon. What models do you plan to teach? I'd like to practice 
                before Saturday so I can be more useful.

                Thanks,
                Elizabeth




              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.