Re: next meeting and the cherry blossom festival

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11 8:25 PM
      Oh, for more information.
      http://nashvillecherryblossomfestival.org/

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12 11:45 AM
        I plan to come... but I'll probably be there for the second half as I am running in the morning.

        Joelle

        On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Malachi Brown <malachus@...> wrote:

        Oh, for more information.
        http://nashvillecherryblossomfestival.org/

        On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Malachi Brown <malachus@...> wrote:
        > First of all, I have been rather busy so I haven't had a chance to
        > look at scheduling a meeting in March.  I'm leaning toward just
        > pushing our next meeting into April, unless there are objections.
        >
        > Second of all, we have been invited to host a booth at the Cherry
        > Blossom Festival on Saturday, March 27 from 10 AM - 4 PM in the square
        > in front of the courthouse downtown.  I will be providing some
        > examples of origami (I have a plan to keep them from blowing away and
        > such), and I will be teaching simple models.  I would love to have any
        > of you who are willing join me for at least part of the day. Let me
        > know if you can attend.
        >
        > thanks,
        > malachi

        Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets.  Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
        Tom Stoppard
      • doblopapel
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 20 3:58 PM
          I can let you know a little closer to the day. Between the project from hell and the class from hell, it's difficult to make plans very far in advance.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 23 8:09 PM
            I had a conflict, but it's been cancelled, so I can help in the
            afternoon. What models do you plan to teach? I'd like to practice
            before Saturday so I can be more useful.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 23 8:16 PM

              Great, I'm glad you'll be able to make it.

              Just simple models, nothing more complicated than the Crane, and maybe not even that.

              Probably the masu box, water bomb/baloon, jumping frog, and samurai helmet.

              Thanks,
              Malachi