Re: [nashvilleorigami] January Meeting

  • Peggy Bonnington
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 20, 2010
      Any news yet on where the meeting might be held, Malachi?  I'm trying to work out "arrangements" with a couple of other folks coming to Nashville that day also, get it down to 2 rather than 3 cars ... so wondering about what side of town etc...

      And I guess I should ask if it's OK to be really new at origami... and rusty on even what I did know / have done.  In other words, can it be sort of a teaching / learning experience for us relative newbies who are interested but unaccomplished?

      Peggy

      On Jan 15, 2010, at 8:51 AM, Malachi wrote:

      The next meeting will be Sunday, January 24th from 1-4pm. Location is still up in the air a bit, but I will post about that later, probably next week.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 20, 2010
        I was trying to work out using some meeting space at my church, but they have been slow to respond, so we will be meeting at Joelle's house, which is near Belmont/Vandy.

        If anyone needs directions, just let me know.

        Also, any level of origami experience is welcome.  We currently don't plan a formal agenda for our meetings, everyone can work on whatever they want to and we try to help each other out.  In the future we might have more focused sessions with a specific model or technique being taught, but right now it's very loose.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 21, 2010
          I'm planning to come, but I need directions.

          Thanks, Elizabeth

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 21, 2010
            Would a google maps link be good enough?  Otherwise I just need to know where you are coming from.

            JK

            On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Elizabeth Sanford <elizabeth_sanford@...> wrote:

[...]

            Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets.  Imagination without skill gives us modern art.

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 21, 2010
                Judging from the map link that Malachi sent, I shouldn't have any trouble finding it. I usually have better luck finding new places during the day, so having an earlier meeting time should also help.

                I was hoping to try making one or more of the modular "transformers" that you showed me in one of your books, Malachi. If you remember which one, would you mind bringing it?

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 21, 2010
                  I still have the book (PCOC Play) out and I plan to have it with me.

                  malachi

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 21, 2010
                    Great!

[...]

                    Tom Stoppard