Re: [nashvilleorigami] December

  • Peggy Bonnington
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 19, 2009
      No fair trying to make me jealous!  We fly out tomorrow morning at 5:30 AM!  Montana, so trying to pack warm with as little bulk as possible (???)
      Elizabeth, you'll have to share with the book group next time we're sitting around at an outside table at the library...

      Merry season to all,
      Peggy

      On Dec 19, 2009, at 10:51 AM, J K wrote:

      Oh... modular... twist my arm... :-D

      Joelle5

      On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Elizabeth Sanford <elizabeth_sanford@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      I was hoping someone would be willing to show me how to do the modular box that was one of the examples at the library.
      Is that a possibility for the meeting tomorrow?

      Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets.  Imagination without skill gives us modern art.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 19, 2009
        Thanks, Joelle!

        Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a great trip, Peggy.

        Elizabeth

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 19, 2009
          Boxes are no problem.  I have Tomoko Fuse's Origami Boxes, Joyful Origami Boxes, Fabulous Origami Boxes, and Quick and Easy Origami Boxes, so I'm sure we can work out something...

          Are you interested in the square or the hexagonal ones?

          malachi

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 20, 2009
            The only box I know is the masu, so I'm interested in learning all kinds; although "quick and easy" is probably the most appropriate since I haven't been doing this very long. I'd love to look through all those books to see whether I'm ready for any of them.

            Elizabeth