December meeting

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
      I haven't gotten much response to the poll I created on when to have a December meeting, so I think I am going to go ahead and make an executive decision to schedule it for the afternoon of Sunday, December 20.  Location is TBD.

      I realize that many people may have scheduling conflicts due to the time of year, and that is fine.  I just wanted to get in one more folding session in before the end of the year.

    • Sparr
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
        I might be able to make it.  Will try.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
          Oh Sparr... we'd love to have you... I still have twelve of those pieces you invented and can't figure out how they go together.

          Joelle

          On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Sparr <sparr0@...> wrote:

          I might be able to make it.  Will try.

          On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Malachi Brown <malachus@...> wrote:
          I haven't gotten much response to the poll I created on when to have a December meeting, so I think I am going to go ahead and make an executive decision to schedule it for the afternoon of Sunday, December 20.  Location is TBD.

          Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets.  Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
          Tom Stoppard
        • Sparr
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
            I need to find a good piece of 3d modeling software for making diagrams...  I can't draw well enough, and 2d software makes illustrating the results of the folds too cumbersome.  Maybe I will just photograph the process and post that?  They aren't too hard to put together, unless you make the octahedron (which takes 12, along with the cube).  Each unit has 2 flaps and 2 pockets and is rotationally 2-symmetric, so there's only one way they can go together and that's the right way :)

            On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 9:21 PM, J K <t3naciousj@...> wrote:
            Oh Sparr... we'd love to have you... I still have twelve of those pieces you invented and can't figure out how they go together.
          • Peggy Bonnington
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
              Hi, Malachi:  Just wanted to send regrets about attending this next meeting; as you said, it's a rough time for trying to get folks together. I look forward to making it in 2010 though.  We fly out to Montana on the 20th, will be spending a COLD and white Christmas in Bozeman with my niece and her husband and their newest addition to the family, Tucker born in May!

              I did not ask many questions about the group before signing up; I presume it is OK to be relatively a novice at folding?  I wanted to join so I would learn more, could be around folks who do know more about it.  I so enjoyed watching you work with the group at the library, both adults and children.

              Peggy

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
                Sorry you can't join us this time, but I look forward to meetings next
                year which will (hopefully) better fit people's schedules.

                As far as skill level goes, everyone interesred in learing origami is
                welcome to come, regardless of skill or experience. We get together
                to teach, learn, and have community with other folders (and maybe
                someday to work on something really big together).

                Malachi