Cherry Blossom Festival report

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2013
      Things went well, despite the cool weather, and we didn't have any rain.  The sidewalls were very, very helpful with keeping the wind away, so there were only one or two times that paper started to blow away.

      We got around $45 in donations, which almost covers the fee for the spot, and we stayed busy the entire time.  We were very close to the stage again, though, so it got loud sometimes (in particular with the drums, but it was nice to see them back).  There were some stretches where I just didn't even try to give verbal instructions.

      The flyers and banners seemed to be well received, thanks Melissa!

      We got about three seconds of video in the WKRN story Saturday night, too.  One of me and two of Melissa towards the middle and end.

      Now onward to Endada (and the White Oak Festival, but I think I'll be doing that solo unless someone else wants to come to East Tennessee...)