Re: [nashvilleorigami] Fwd: Join us this Thursday, Jan 24th, for origami!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2013
      I went to this and it was fun.  They were mostly folding cranes and Yoshizawa butterflies.  I was apparently the only person they didn't already know, and I had apparently met the guy who was teaching in passing at the Handmade and Bound festival last fall.  I also taught a couple of people how to fold sonobe units and they seemed to enjoy it.

      Their new studio space is spacious and I might talk with them about experimenting with paper making at some point in the future.

      malachi

      On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Elizabeth Sanford <esanford@...> wrote:

      Open Studios at Platetone: Printmaking, Paper and Book Arts
      January 24th, 2013, 6:00-9:00pm

      Join members of Nashville’s community printmaking, paper and book arts studio, Platetone, for monthly open studio sessions. While members demonstrate various printmaking techniques, visitors are encouraged to get creative with ink and paper.

      Our featured artist for January, Stephen Zerne, will be demonstrating the art of origami. Come help Platetone fold cranes to celebrate and decorate our new space on 4th Ave, and learn the craft of paperfolding while using prints and papers created by Platetone artists.

      Tour our new space and enjoy light refreshments while meeting our growing group of artists. Visitors can select cranes to bring home for a small donation.

      Platetone: Printmaking, Paper and Book Arts is located at:
      535 4th Avenue South
      Nashville, TN 37210

      For more information send us an email at contact@...
      Please visit our website www.platetone.org
      You're recieving this email as part of the Platetone mailing list. If you'd like to be removed from this list, please notify us via email.

      About Platetone:

      Platetone
      Printmaking, Paper and Book Arts
      535 4th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37210
      www.platetone.org
      contact@...

      A fine arts community studio offering workspace, workshops and exhibition opportunities

      Platetone Printshop was founded in 2004 as community printmaking studio offering membership to fine art printmakers. Expanding upon its vision, Platetone Printmaking, Paper and Book Arts was formed in 2012 to include other paper media and book artists.

      The mission of Platetone is to inspire and interact with our community by providing accessibility to studio space and equipment, sponsoring events that showcase book, paper arts, and printmaking, while providing educational opportunities for all ages. We believe art should be accessible to everyone and that small groups of like-minds can inspire and enrich the community. Platetone exists to support local artists, inspire and create new artists, and serve as a local institution for all things book, paper, and print.

      Platetone Printmaking, Paper and Book Arts is located in downtown Nashville at 535 4th Avenue South (formerly the Lost Boys Center).

      Keyholder members:
      Kira Appelhans
      Brad Brooks
      Carrie Cox