Fwd: 2012 Ohio Origami convention registration online

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2012
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: "Ohio Paper Folders" <Ohio_Paper_Folders@...>
      Date: Mar 7, 2012 9:27 PM
      Subject: 2012 Ohio Origami convention registration online
      To: <malachus@...>

      Click to view this email in a browser

      CenterFold - Central Ohio Origami Convention August 16-19 2012
      spacer.gif spacer.gif spacer.gif
      Just a quick note to let you know the status of the 2012 Central Ohio Origami convention.  Single day and full weekend registrations are available at www.ohiopaperfolders.com/register.php  There are substantial early registration discounts, so please take a look.
      You can reach us at 740-334-4213 if you have any questions or need assistance in registering.  The mail in registration form is at mail_in_form.pdf.

      Quick convention highlights:
      Dates: Thursday Aug 16th through Sunday Aug 19th 2012
      Guests of Honor: Michael LaFosse, Richard Alexander and Bernie Peyton.
      Location: The Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, 7007 North High street, Worthington Ohio. Their numbers are 1-614-436-0700, 1 888 HOLIDAY and FAX 1-614-436-1208 . Note that unlike last year's hotel, this one is surrounded by restaurants and shops as well as sporting a very nice bar, restaurant, pool etc.
      We have a room block at $79.00 per night, and we do get credit for room nights, so even if you get a better rate with AAA etc, please mention that you are in the OhioPaperFolders/Centerfold room block.

      Class info/selection:  By April 1 we will have the ability for teachers to add classes, upload images, difficulty level etc.  The classes will be visible immediately to all registrants and a month before the convention you will be asked to review them and indicate interest.  As we do not "ticket" classes what you are doing is telling us which classes you want to take, so we can decide on room capacity for each and build the final schedule.

      Thursday workshops

      Normal classes will be Friday afternoon through Sunday, but we also are running special workshops on Thursday the 16th for people who come in that early,  including a trip to the Paper Circle in Nelsonville, Ohio to learn to make paper. Other workshops will include paper marbling and PMC jewelry making. (PMC stands for Precious Metal Clay, which is a brand name of crafting medium. This kind of medium is made with a water-based precious metal ( i.e. silver, gold) powder and an organic binder that, once fired, burns off, leaving only the metal along with a non-toxic powder which is then polished away.) The reason it appeals to origami enthusiasts is the material can be folded and manipulated like paper. Pre-registration is required. The workshops have attendance restrictions based on space, materials and teacher requirements.
      Just what goes on at an Origami convention?
      well...origami! Over 50 classes will be taught over the weekend.  A dedicated "beginners track" will help new folders get up to speed fast.  This is an opportunity to meet other people who share your interest in paper folding, as well as take classes taught by some of the top origami designers in the world.  We will also have special workshops on paper marbling, suminagashi, paper making and an in-depth discussion of how to start your own convention.

      DSC_0054 DSC_0073
      DSC_0019-1Paper Marbling

      Ohio Paper Folders
      P.O. Box 264
      Granville, Ohio 43023

      Try Email Marketing with VerticalResponse!