Fwd: A new version of Origami Player
- I believe I sent out information about this a few months ago, but I
thought I would pass along news of the new version.
I have played around with it a bit, it is pretty slick and, for me,
much nicer than just watching a video because of the way each step is
presented as a discrete maneuver.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christopher Pooley <cmpooley@...>
Date: Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Subject: A new version of Origami Player
Dear Nashville Origami Club,
I'm writing to let you know about a new version of Origami Player:
If you have not tried Origami Player before, it is a website that uses
3d graphics to show origami instructions.
The new version features:
1) Improved 3d graphics.
2) An easier to use inferface.
3) Annotations which complement traditional diagrams (e.g. arrows
describing folding motions and dashed lines for creases).
4) More origami models. Now there are over 150 models in the database.
5) Online registration, which gives you free credits to try out any of
the models on offer.
Also for Google Chrome users there is an installable web app:
If you think members of your origami society would be interested in
trying out Origami Player, I would be very appreciative if you could
tell them about it, or forward them this email.
If you have any questions or comments regarding Origami Player, do no
hesitate to contact me :-)