stackexchange origami proposal

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2011
      tl;dr: Please consider joining the proposal for an origami question and answer site at stackexchange.com.

      For a little bit of background, a few years ago a couple of well known software developers created a web site call stackoverflow.com which became a great community supported resource for asking technical programming questions that uses community moderation to ensure the quality of the answers.

      After that success, several sister sites were launched and, later, a site called stackexchange.com which allows anyone to propose a topic for a question and answer site.  A year or so ago, Gilad Naor proposed a site for origami questions, but it is currently stalled in the "definition" phase until more people "follow" the proposal and help define what would be on and off topic for the site.

      So, if you are interested in supporting this type of online community, which is rather different from the existing discussion based communities and should meet some specific needs better, please consider going to the site, following the proposal, and voting on some of the example questions to help define the scope of the site.  We currently need a minimum of 31 more users to have a chance to move to the next phase.   To do this you will need an account, which is free and easy to create.  In fact, you can use an existing openID account, such as a google account, so that you do not have to set up a new username and password.

      I hope you will join us, as I believe we can create a valuable resource for the larger online origami community with just a little bit more effort.