Re: [nashvilleorigami] Tangrams

  • David Steele
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2010
      what is the website.

      --- On Fri, 12/10/10, J K <t3naciousj@...> wrote:

      From: J K <t3naciousj@...>
      Subject: Re: [nashvilleorigami] Tangrams
      To: nashvilleorigami@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, December 10, 2010, 5:54 PM

      I've seen the set of basic building blocks made out of origami.  And since that is all you need to make any tangram I'd say that means you can make them all with origami.

      JK

      On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 12:33 PM, DavidS <dsteele_24@...> wrote:

      How many Tangrams shapes can be made using Origami. Has anyone ever tried this experiment.

      The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 2010
        Sorry for the delayed response, it took me a while to dig up this site.

        http://fabiozapata.blogspot.com/2010/02/diagramas-para-tangram.html

        I'm fairly certain that the design starts with an A ratio paper (like A4), so it may require a little bit of work to get the paper prepared if you don't already have some.

        Also, amusingly, another site has a couple of origami models of tangram solutions. (no diagrams, although I have the book that one of them is in.)

        http://freedomi.brinkster.net/Sy/Chinese_culture.html

        On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 6:40 PM, David Steele <dsteele_24@...> wrote:

        what is the website.