origami 365/52

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2010
      Joelle and I are kicking around the idea of doing an origami 365
      project next year. Taking the idea of a 365 photo project
      (http://365project.org/) and applying it to origami.

      The basic idea is to fold at least one unique model every day for the
      entire year. We are planing to start on Jan. 1, 2011. The rules we
      are considering are below:

      1. You should fold at least one model every day.
      2. You should take a picture of the model.
      3. The picture should be posted publicly. (We will probably create a
      group on flickr, although that's not obligatory.)
      4. You should not repeat models. (It is up to the folder how strict
      that is. e.g. is folding the same thing wet and dry different? are
      different assemblies of the same unit different? are two different
      designs of the same subject different? It is up to you.)
      5. Models that take multiple days count on the day they are completed,
      including modulars. (They can be folded over the course of multiple
      days, but other models would need to be folded on those days too.)
      6. Origami "purity" rules are up to the participant.

      A 365 project may seem daunting for some, so an alternative 52 week
      challenge is also an option. The same basic rules would apply, except
      that one model a week is the target. Of course, anyone is welcome to
      adopt whatever set of rules they want. It would also be interesting
      to see someone folding the same model every day for a year (or even a
      month).

      We are thinking of the best ways to promote and sustain this project.
      We may set up a web site to write about it and maybe suggest
      occasional themes for interested participants. I also plan to suggest
      it to a couple of other origami mailing lists and the forum.

      Right now, with two months until we will start, we are just collecting
      ideas and working out the details.

      Are any of you interested or have suggestions?