Origami Club Monthly Meeting - Oct. 17th

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2010
      Our next meeting is only a week and a half away! I am currently
      working on getting materials together to teach a model or two.
      Probably an intermediate bat and a simple jack-o-lantern for
      Halloween.
      Here is a picture of the bat, although not this small...
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/malachus/400203337/

      If there is any interest, we can fold the bat twice and use some wet
      folding techniques on the second one.

      For lots of other Halloween folding resources, check out
      http://www.origami-resource-center.com/halloween-origami.html

      I have also had a few simple business cards printed with the club
      information on them. I plan to put some on community bulletin boards
      at places like Panera in my area and I have dispatched agents to a
      couple of other locations. If you have any ideas for other places
      with bulletin boards just let me know, or I can give you a few cards
      at the next club meeting.

      Hope to see you on the 17th!

      p.s. Here are the results of my folding at last month's meeting.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/malachus/sets/72157624983943429/
      p.p.s. Here are the things I have been working on since then. Two of
      these would be good candidates for Christmas tree ornaments next year.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/malachus/sets/72157624983948885/
    • Christina Stephens
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2010
        The bat looks cool!  I'd definitely be interested in a lesson on wet folding.

        Christina

        "Science is fun, unless you have to make a living at it."
        -- Albert Einstein

        "No mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense."
        -- Han Solo, Star Wars, Episode IV