Re: [nashvilleorigami] model/book requests?

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 18, 2010

      Ok, I have plenty of extra business cards that I can bring.  I don't have a book that explains it, but I know how to make it and I should be able to explain it.

      I will also bring some books with ornament candidates.

    • doblopapel@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 18, 2010

        I'd be interested in tree decorations.

        Perhaps some rings/wreaths in foil?

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 19, 2010
          Yesterday at the science museum I found some tiny playing cards the have about the same ratio as business cards... I played around with them yesterday and made one of the business card blocks and it came out really nice.  I was considering the flexicube for the next project with these.

          JK

          On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 12:19 AM, <doblopapel@...> wrote:

          I'd be interested in tree decorations.

          Perhaps some rings/wreaths in foil?

          On Sep 19, 2010, at 12:15 AM, Malachi Brown <malachus@...> wrote:

          Ok, I have plenty of extra business cards that I can bring.  I don't have a book that explains it, but I know how to make it and I should be able to explain it.

          I will also bring some books with ornament candidates.

          On Sep 18, 2010 10:53 PM, "Elizabeth Sanford" <esanford@...> wrote:
          > I had my students make a business card cube as part of a design
          > project; and some of them wanted to learn how to make a flexicube, but
          > I couldn't find any good instructions online. I invited them to come
          > to the meeting, but I don't know if any of them will come, especially
          > since I didn't have enough extra business cards to give them. Do you
          > have a book that has a good explanation?
          >
          > If we're going to decorate a tree, maybe you could bring a book with
          > possible modular ornaments.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Elizabeth
          >
          > On Sep 18, 2010, at 6:23 PM, Malachi Brown wrote:
          >
          >> I wanted to see if anyone had any model/book requests for tomorrow's
          >> meeting. If you have an idea of something you would like to fold, I
          >> probably have a diagram for it, or at least something related.
          >>
          >> I also have a box of Ray Shamp's experiments that he was kind enough
          >> to send me as part of cleaning up for a move. I found them inspiring,
          >> so hopefully you all will find them interesting.
          >> Ray's work: http://www.flickr.com/photos/miura-ori/collections/72157600013560113/
          >>
          >> I will probably be working on a large Yoda tomorrow... unless
          >> something catches my interest between now and then, which isn't
          >> uncommon.
          >>
          >> And, as always, I would like to discuss more ways to promote and
          >> expand the group. In particular, in addition to the idea of business
          >> cards and flyers, I would also like to discuss the idea of doing a
          >> group installation like an origami decorated Christmas tree or a
          >> display at the library.
          >>
          >> thanks,
          >> malachi

          Every other one
          Is divisible by two
          Now is that not odd?

          --Darrin from Ontario, Canada
          Think Geek Techie Haiku winner
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 19, 2010
            Malachi,

            If it isn't too late... can you bring any books that have sections that talk about origami?  Like history, types of paper, types of folding... I might just work on my speech.  And some small demo papers of you have them... like where you said you did some backing... :-)  And can I borrow something that is wet folded?

            I think that covers it.  :-D

            JK