Re: [nashvilleorigami] model/book requests?

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 18, 2010
      Ooooh... I like the holiday tree idea!!!

      JK

      On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Malachi Brown <malachus@...> wrote:

      I wanted to see if anyone had any model/book requests for tomorrow's
      meeting. If you have an idea of something you would like to fold, I
      probably have a diagram for it, or at least something related.

      I also have a box of Ray Shamp's experiments that he was kind enough
      to send me as part of cleaning up for a move. I found them inspiring,
      so hopefully you all will find them interesting.
      Ray's work: http://www.flickr.com/photos/miura-ori/collections/72157600013560113/

      I will probably be working on a large Yoda tomorrow... unless
      something catches my interest between now and then, which isn't
      uncommon.

      And, as always, I would like to discuss more ways to promote and
      expand the group. In particular, in addition to the idea of business
      cards and flyers, I would also like to discuss the idea of doing a
      group installation like an origami decorated Christmas tree or a
      display at the library.

      Every other one
      Is divisible by two
      Now is that not odd?

      --Darrin from Ontario, Canada
      Think Geek Techie Haiku winner

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 18, 2010

          Ok, I have plenty of extra business cards that I can bring.  I don't have a book that explains it, but I know how to make it and I should be able to explain it.

          I will also bring some books with ornament candidates.

        • doblopapel@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 18, 2010

            I'd be interested in tree decorations.

            Perhaps some rings/wreaths in foil?

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 19, 2010
              Yesterday at the science museum I found some tiny playing cards the have about the same ratio as business cards... I played around with them yesterday and made one of the business card blocks and it came out really nice.  I was considering the flexicube for the next project with these.

              JK

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 19, 2010
                Malachi,

                If it isn't too late... can you bring any books that have sections that talk about origami?  Like history, types of paper, types of folding... I might just work on my speech.  And some small demo papers of you have them... like where you said you did some backing... :-)  And can I borrow something that is wet folded?

                I think that covers it.  :-D

                JK