Re: [nashvilleorigami] group handbook

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2010
      Well, as Joelle said, this is something that can be discussed at the next meeting, but there are two basic ideas that I have had.  One is to have business cards printed with the crease pattern of a simple model, in addition to the club's contact information.  I have done a lot of business card origami, but am not sure there is a good model that is simple enough to be feasible but also not require a large number of cards to complete.
      http://www.spencerandbrown.com/mbb/origami/buscard/

      I have drawn out the necessary creases for the jumping frog, but even that is fairly complicated when it's all there on the page.  I will try to remember to bring my prototypes Sunday.  A model like the jumping frog would probably be best on light/cheap card stock.

      The other idea is to print the club's info on some squares that are then folded into a particular model, such as the crane.  Basically the finished model is the business card, in that case.  I believe some groups have also done squares printed with crease patterns/instructions so the recipient actually folds the model.

      On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 8:07 PM, Kelly Falzone <kellyfalzone@...> wrote:

      Hi Malachi and other members...

      This idea of the foldable business card intrigues me and I would be willing to fold if someone collaborates on the idea... nothing too complicated if we need lots but I'm inspired by the idea. Is it something we should/could bring up at the next meeting? or should we start on it sooner?

      Ideas?

      Kelly Falzone