Nashville Origami Group

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2009
      So, I guess I should get this whole thing started.  I started this group because I would like to foster a paper folding group in Nashville that has regular meetings.  This is purely selfish in initial motivation, since I want to fold paper with other people. Right now this list is small, and consists mostly of people who I know.  If you want, feel free to sent an intro email and let us know who you are and what your origami experience and interest(s) are.

      Beyond that, I figure we have several things to work out.  My plan is to advertise this group in a couple of locations that may be sympathetic (which I have already done to some degree), then to plan and hold some meetings which will be publicized a bit more.

      To do that, we need to figure out several things.  Well, need may be a strong word.

      1.  What do we want to call the group?  (Does it need to be clever or pun-y?)
      2.  How often do we want to meet? (I'm thinking monthly or bi-monthly.)
      3.  How long should meetings be?
      4.  Where do we want to meet? (I have several ideas, but I'd welcome suggestions.)
      5.  What do we want to do at meetings?  Just fold whatever?  Learn/teach a specific model or technique?  Something else?  (I actually want to do all of that...)
      6.  What am I forgetting?

      Anyway, your ideas and feedback are not only welcome but necessary.  Let's figure out where we want to go and then do it.