143Re: [nashvilleorigami] model/book requests?

    Sep 19, 2010
      Malachi,

      If it isn't too late... can you bring any books that have sections that talk about origami?  Like history, types of paper, types of folding... I might just work on my speech.  And some small demo papers of you have them... like where you said you did some backing... :-)  And can I borrow something that is wet folded?

      I think that covers it.  :-D

      JK

      On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 6:59 AM, J K <t3naciousj@...> wrote:
      Yesterday at the science museum I found some tiny playing cards the have about the same ratio as business cards... I played around with them yesterday and made one of the business card blocks and it came out really nice.  I was considering the flexicube for the next project with these.

      JK

      On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 12:19 AM, <doblopapel@...> wrote:

      I'd be interested in tree decorations.

      Perhaps some rings/wreaths in foil?

      On Sep 19, 2010, at 12:15 AM, Malachi Brown <malachus@...> wrote:

      Ok, I have plenty of extra business cards that I can bring.  I don't have a book that explains it, but I know how to make it and I should be able to explain it.

      I will also bring some books with ornament candidates.

      On Sep 18, 2010 10:53 PM, "Elizabeth Sanford" <esanford@...> wrote:
      > I had my students make a business card cube as part of a design
      > project; and some of them wanted to learn how to make a flexicube, but
      > I couldn't find any good instructions online. I invited them to come
      > to the meeting, but I don't know if any of them will come, especially
      > since I didn't have enough extra business cards to give them. Do you
      > have a book that has a good explanation?
      >
      > If we're going to decorate a tree, maybe you could bring a book with
      > possible modular ornaments.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Elizabeth
      >
      > On Sep 18, 2010, at 6:23 PM, Malachi Brown wrote:
      >
      >> I wanted to see if anyone had any model/book requests for tomorrow's
      >> meeting. If you have an idea of something you would like to fold, I
      >> probably have a diagram for it, or at least something related.
      >>
      >> I also have a box of Ray Shamp's experiments that he was kind enough
      >> to send me as part of cleaning up for a move. I found them inspiring,
      >> so hopefully you all will find them interesting.
      >> Ray's work: http://www.flickr.com/photos/miura-ori/collections/72157600013560113/
      >>
      >> I will probably be working on a large Yoda tomorrow... unless
      >> something catches my interest between now and then, which isn't
      >> uncommon.
      >>
      >> And, as always, I would like to discuss more ways to promote and
      >> expand the group. In particular, in addition to the idea of business
      >> cards and flyers, I would also like to discuss the idea of doing a
      >> group installation like an origami decorated Christmas tree or a
      >> display at the library.
      >>
      >> thanks,
      >> malachi

      Every other one