139Re: [nashvilleorigami] model/book requests?

    Sep 18, 2010
      I had my students make a business card cube as part of a design project; and some of them wanted to learn how to make a flexicube, but I couldn't find any good instructions online. I invited them to come to the meeting, but I don't know if any of them will come, especially since I didn't have enough extra business cards to give them. Do you have a book that has a good explanation?

      If we're going to decorate a tree, maybe you could bring a book with possible modular ornaments.

      On Sep 18, 2010, at 6:23 PM, Malachi Brown wrote:

      I wanted to see if anyone had any model/book requests for tomorrow's
      meeting. If you have an idea of something you would like to fold, I
      probably have a diagram for it, or at least something related.

      I also have a box of Ray Shamp's experiments that he was kind enough
      to send me as part of cleaning up for a move. I found them inspiring,
      so hopefully you all will find them interesting.
      Ray's work: http://www.flickr.com/photos/miura-ori/collections/72157600013560113/

      I will probably be working on a large Yoda tomorrow... unless
      something catches my interest between now and then, which isn't
      uncommon.

      And, as always, I would like to discuss more ways to promote and
      expand the group. In particular, in addition to the idea of business
      cards and flyers, I would also like to discuss the idea of doing a
      group installation like an origami decorated Christmas tree or a
      display at the library.