Location

  • oldbugbrown
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 7:00 PM
      Are any of you actually in Nashville? I'm in Clarksville and want to
      see a real live home-based bio production. Helped convert a friend's
      MB 300d to wvo and want to build a processor.
      Terry
      2000 Jetta TDI
      Looking for another diesel
    • Peter Speltz
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3 11:18 AM
        --- oldbugbrown <oldbug7@...> wrote:

        > Are any of you actually in Nashville? I'm in Clarksville and want to
        > see a real live home-based bio production. Helped convert a friend's
        > MB 300d to wvo and want to build a processor.
        > Terry
        > 2000 Jetta TDI
        > Looking for another diesel

        Welcome to the group oldbugbrown.

        There are several people in nashville including myself. Only one who has a
        processor that i know of is Mike. Myself and my brother in law are going to
        build one in his garage very soon. many people like you want to see a
        biodiesel processor in action. Problem we have is we have young kids, wives
        and even though we'd like to say"Hey everyone come out and watch/help build
        the processor and make some biodiesel with us." we can't because our lives
        aren't that simple. However, i think we will be able to invite one or at most
        two people over at a time to check it out. I will certainly connect with
        everyone who wants to see a process and invite them out when I can.

        I know there are coops that have community processors. Not sure how those are
        setup. maybe there's an official membership system and people pay an initial
        fee to join and then they can use the facility. Sounds like could be
        complicated until people got to know and trust each other but if somone has
        some land to put the facility on it would be real cool. That someone could
        email girlMark and see how her coop in California is set up.

        Luckily a biodiesel processor isn't that complicated. Pictures and an
        explanation will give you enough insite to build a good one (with the help of a
        little plumber and electician expertise). You can see mike's awesome bfl9000
        here with photos of every significant part.

        Mike took time to put an explanation with each photo so you can clikc the
        picture and see important details. Thanks mike. Thats a good starting point
        for anyone wanting to build a processor. When we build ours, I'll also make a
        photo journal of it as we build it and post it up there.

        as far as a diesel car for sale, not sure your price range but there's a 2002
        jetta tdi with leather for 13,500 at Hallmark VW (not sure which ) in the
        AutoMart I got yesterday.

        Adios

        pjs

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • mrcoffee044
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4 3:12 PM
          The Jetta is gone (this is Peter's brother-in-law). It had 75K on
          it, leather, and it disappeared quick. I am definatly up for having
          the well documented processor. I am trying to clear stuff out of
          the way so that I can really push the development of this processor
          ASAP.

          --- In nashvillebiodiesel@yahoogroups.com, Peter Speltz

        • oldbug7@cs.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4 8:03 PM
            I've pulled info and am ready to start.
          • oldbug7@cs.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4 8:09 PM
              I've pulled info and have started collecting necessary parts. Had surgery last week so I'll be out of commission for three more weeks. I still would like to see one of these things working!  I have available wvo from one of the local schools and a restaurant. I am looking for a 300td wagon with the 5cyl or a Volvo 6cyl (vw/audi engine). I looked at a BMW 524td here, but maintenance is expensive.  My wife wants me to run it in an old one before she puts it in her Jetta!
              Terry