RUGBY FOR THE GROUP

  • Ricky Lomey
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2009
      Hi

      I am very new here and though in South Africa have always had this
      fascination with rugby union in North America? Does this group cover all
      aspects of rugby union in North America? Will we get all the results? What
      about news and articles from the various rugby publications in North
      America? Is this group very busy because I need to know whether or not to
      set my subscription to digest. The advantage of digest is that it eliminates
      certain types of attachments like photos and jpeg etc which are a problem
      for the visually impaired but the disadvantage is that one misses any
      articles sent as attachments so I am not sure.

      Thank you.

      Ricky lomey

      ---
      Virus Database (VPS): 090324-0, 2009/03/24
      Tested on: 2009/04/03 09:07:09
    • robgood@bestweb.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2009
        > I am very new here and though in South Africa have always had this
        > fascination with rugby union in North America? Does this group cover all
        > aspects of rugby union in North America? Will we get all the results? What
        > about news and articles from the various rugby publications in North
        > America? Is this group very busy because I need to know whether or not to
        > set my subscription to digest. The advantage of digest is that it
        > eliminates
        > certain types of attachments like photos and jpeg etc which are a problem
        > for the visually impaired but the disadvantage is that one misses any
        > articles sent as attachments so I am not sure.

        After an initial flurry of good content, unfortunately this group settled
        into a pattern that's been maintained for (rough guess) 3 years of very
        little traffic except for spam, such as solicitations from would-be lady
        keyboard pals. One regular feature is a newsletter sponsored by Rugby
        League Coaching Manuals, which despite its name has lots of Union news,
        but you could easily subscribe to that outside this group and it had
        hardly any North American content.

        I don't know whether the audience has found better channels to communicate
        about rugby in North America, or what. I'd like to revive interest in
        this Yahoo group, and maybe somebody else reading will be pleased at this
        on topic message and can help start things up again, but I can't promise
        anything.

        Robert in the Bronx
      • Ricky Lomey
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6, 2009
          Thanks and don't forget the Nara four and the Super League and RCSL Canadian
          Super League and Jamor League Rugby and the test matches.

          > I am very new here and though in South Africa have always had this
          > fascination with rugby union in North America? Does this group cover all
          > aspects of rugby union in North America? Will we get all the results? What
          > about news and articles from the various rugby publications in North
          > America? Is this group very busy because I need to know whether or not to
          > set my subscription to digest. The advantage of digest is that it
          > eliminates
          > certain types of attachments like photos and jpeg etc which are a problem
          > for the visually impaired but the disadvantage is that one misses any
          > articles sent as attachments so I am not sure.

          After an initial flurry of good content, unfortunately this group settled
          into a pattern that's been maintained for (rough guess) 3 years of very
          little traffic except for spam, such as solicitations from would-be lady
          keyboard pals. One regular feature is a newsletter sponsored by Rugby
          League Coaching Manuals, which despite its name has lots of Union news,
          but you could easily subscribe to that outside this group and it had
          hardly any North American content.

          I don't know whether the audience has found better channels to communicate
          about rugby in North America, or what. I'd like to revive interest in
          this Yahoo group, and maybe somebody else reading will be pleased at this
          on topic message and can help start things up again, but I can't promise
          anything.

          Robert in the Bronx

          ---
          Virus Database (VPS): 090324-0, 2009/03/24
          Tested on: 2009/04/06 07:29:22
        • robgood@bestweb.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6, 2009
            Maybe Riky or someone else can explain some of these that I'm not familiar
            with:

            > Thanks and don't forget the Nara four

            I'm guessing that's an acronym for North American Rugby Ass'n, which I've
            never heard of by that name either. Whether I'm right or wrong, what is
            it? Is it a successor to the US Interterritorials?

            > and the Super League and RCSL
            > Canadian
            > Super League and Jamor League Rugby and the test matches.

            What's the Jamor League?

            Robert in the Bronx
          • Ricky Lomey
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 8, 2009
              I also think NARA is the North American Rugby Ass. It is an allstar tourney
              with four teams, Ontario and I can't remember the others. Jamor Leadue
              should be major league which is a professional league, try
              http://www.mlrugby.com/

              Super League can be seen at http://www.premier-rugby.com/

              Maybe Riky or someone else can explain some of these that I'm not familiar
              with:

              > Thanks and don't forget the Nara four

              I'm guessing that's an acronym for North American Rugby Ass'n, which I've
              never heard of by that name either. Whether I'm right or wrong, what is
              it? Is it a successor to the US Interterritorials?

              > and the Super League and RCSL
              > Canadian
              > Super League and Jamor League Rugby and the test matches.

              What's the Jamor League?

              Robert in the Bronx

              ---
              Virus Database (VPS): 090407-0, 2009/04/07
              Tested on: 2009/04/08 05:30:49
            • robgood@bestweb.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 8, 2009
                > I also think NARA is the North American Rugby Ass. It is an allstar
                > tourney
                > with four teams, Ontario and I can't remember the others. Jamor Leadue
                > should be major league which is a professional league, try
                > http://www.mlrugby.com/
                >
                > Super League can be seen at http://www.premier-rugby.com/

                I remember there having BEEN a MLR a few years ago founded as a competitor
                to the Super League. NYAC was in MLR, but since then they joined SL, and
                AFAIK SL absorbed the rest of MLR too.

                Robert