Re: Lupin Madblood at work..

  • juhamilton@vassar.edu
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 4, 2001
      --- In narbonic@egroups.com, "Shaenon K. Garrity" <shaenon@v...>
      wrote:

      > ----------
      > >From: "Pinual (Christopher Ellmann)" <ellmann@b...>
      > >To: narbonic@egroups.com
      > >Subject: [narbonic] Lupin Madblood at work..
      > >Date: Wed, Jan 3, 2001, 6:18 PM
      > >

      > > http://www.sciencenews.org/20001111/fob4.asp
      > > Checkitout! Cyborg Lampreys!
      >
      > And the science of fishmath enjoys another breakthrough. Robot fish: is
      > there anything they *can't* do?
      >
      > Sarge

      Dude, you won't see lampreys invited to Mensa meetings anytime soon.
      Helen's gerbils on the other hand... Do you think you could draw
      their ears a little more Spock-ish?

      And speaking of suggestions you won't take seriously (I'm sorry,
      Julie, I'm afraid I can't do that), may I suggest names for the
      gerbil? If a boy, I like:

      Ernest of Nine
      Li Mu Bai
      Arthur C. Gerbil
      T.S. Zarathustra

      And if a girl:

      Liz

      That is all. I will now go back to making jokes no one appreciates
      and building my resume of eccentric jobs.

      Julie
    • Ed Wells
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 4, 2001
        Boy or girl, name it Biz.

        Ed Wells

        juhamilton@... wrote:

        > And speaking of suggestions you won't take seriously (I'm sorry,
        > Julie, I'm afraid I can't do that), may I suggest names for the
        > gerbil? If a boy, I like:
        >
        > Ernest of Nine
        > Li Mu Bai
        > Arthur C. Gerbil
        > T.S. Zarathustra
        >
        > And if a girl:
        >
        > Liz
      • tea
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 5, 2001
          Biz? like the drunken turing bot on AOL?
        • Ed Wells
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 5, 2001
            I confess, I have never entered AOL's garden of delights.

            I was thinking of Bizness, and Busy, which this little guy (gal?) seems
            to be all about.

            Ed Wells

            tea wrote:

            > Biz? like the drunken turing bot on AOL?

          • Graham "Demi" Gelling
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 5, 2001
              BLUNTMAN!!!!!
              This one I get
            • Shaenon K. Garrity
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 5, 2001
                > And speaking of suggestions you won't take seriously (I'm sorry,
                > Julie, I'm afraid I can't do that), may I suggest names for the
                > gerbil? If a boy, I like:
                >
                > Ernest of Nine

                They made that one after "Ernest Saves Christmas". Man, that skintight
                outfit was disturbing.

                Sarge
              • Bill Livingston
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 5, 2001
                  >> http://www.sciencenews.org/20001111/fob4.asp
                  >> Checkitout! Cyborg Lampreys!
                  >
                  > And the science of fishmath enjoys another breakthrough. Robot fish: is
                  >there anything they *can't* do?

                  Invisible Robot Fish.

                  Bill L.
                  Get it?!?
                • Amanda Van Rhyn
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 6, 2001
                    > > Okay one question.. Who is Gurp Borgnin?
                    > >
                    > That's a reference to the latest Gurps supplement, Gurps Borgnine;
                    > the complete guide to role playing in the world of Ernest Borgnine.
                    >
                    > Matt- There's an entire chapter on McHale's Navy!

                    Sadly, I've found the "The Single Guy" appendix to be sadly lacking.
                    It looks like my group is going to have to wait for the release of
                    GURPS Lame Sitcoms to start our new campaign. Le sigh...

                    -- Amanda
                    "Hold it -- wait a minute / I can't read
                    my writing, My own writing! / like tiny insects
                    in the palm of history..." - Thomas Dolby

                    Send a cool gift with your E-Card
                    http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/
                  • Lots42@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 20, 2005
                      That scarred guy's beef is the beef of every retail employee ever.

                      To The General Public: Stop telling the guy behind the register about your
                      personal crap.