Re: Week of Dec 18 Story

  • Shaenon K. Garrity
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 21, 2000
      --- In narbonic@egroups.com, juhamilton@v... wrote:
      > It's Gene Shepherd, right? A nice biologist name. Or a dog. Helen
      > could have a German Shepherd named Gene. 'Course, with her Mom's
      > interests, it would prolly be a lab mix. And part gerbil.

      Factoid mode:

      Jean Shepherd wrote *In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash*, upon
      which the movie "A Christmas Story" was based. I believe he died
      early this year. I dedicated Monday's strip to him.

      And how could anyone forget the leg lamp? It's pure electric sex,
      glowing in the window!

      Sarge
    • mee42
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 24, 2000
        > And how could anyone forget the leg lamp? It's pure electric sex,
        >glowing in the window!
        >
        >Sarge

        well, i know what *I* want for Kwanza...
        - mee
      • jawolf36@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 27, 2000
          --- In narbonic@egroups.com, "Shaenon K. Garrity" <shaenon@v...>
          wrote:
          > --- In narbonic@egroups.com, juhamilton@v... wrote:
          > > It's Gene Shepherd, right? A nice biologist name. Or a dog.
          Helen
          > > could have a German Shepherd named Gene. 'Course, with her Mom's
          > > interests, it would prolly be a lab mix. And part gerbil.
          >
          > Factoid mode:
          >
          > Jean Shepherd wrote *In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash*, upon
          > which the movie "A Christmas Story" was based. I believe he died
          > early this year. I dedicated Monday's strip to him.
          >
          > And how could anyone forget the leg lamp? It's pure electric
          sex,
          > glowing in the window!

          In fact, the whole holiday storyline was a parody of Shepherd's 'A
          Christmas Story' (Based on his novel 'In God We Trust, All Others Pay
          Cash').

          The gerbil jammies were especially cute...