Week of Dec 18 Story

  • juhamilton@vassar.edu
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 20, 2000
      Hey Sarge,

      I think for the referentially-challenged, you should include in tiny
      print the name of the guy whose movie you're so cleverly spoofing. (I
      can't remember his name.) I think it will be playing on some station
      24 hours on some day. (Details, details.) Maybe people caught the
      "You'll melt your eye out" line but might not remember the lamp shaped
      like a leg. I'm lovin' it. And the curly font.

      Julie

      PS How many washcloths do I have to send you?
    • juhamilton@vassar.edu
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 20, 2000
        It's Gene Shepherd, right? A nice biologist name. Or a dog. Helen
        could have a German Shepherd named Gene. 'Course, with her Mom's
        interests, it would prolly be a lab mix. And part gerbil.
      • Shaenon K. Garrity
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 21, 2000
          --- In narbonic@egroups.com, juhamilton@v... wrote:
          > It's Gene Shepherd, right? A nice biologist name. Or a dog. Helen
          > could have a German Shepherd named Gene. 'Course, with her Mom's
          > interests, it would prolly be a lab mix. And part gerbil.

          Factoid mode:

          Jean Shepherd wrote *In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash*, upon
          which the movie "A Christmas Story" was based. I believe he died
          early this year. I dedicated Monday's strip to him.

          And how could anyone forget the leg lamp? It's pure electric sex,
          glowing in the window!

          Sarge
        • mee42
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 24, 2000
            > And how could anyone forget the leg lamp? It's pure electric sex,
            >glowing in the window!
            >
            >Sarge

            well, i know what *I* want for Kwanza...
            - mee
          • jawolf36@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 27, 2000
              --- In narbonic@egroups.com, "Shaenon K. Garrity" <shaenon@v...>
              wrote:
              > --- In narbonic@egroups.com, juhamilton@v... wrote:
              > > It's Gene Shepherd, right? A nice biologist name. Or a dog.
              Helen
              > > could have a German Shepherd named Gene. 'Course, with her Mom's
              > > interests, it would prolly be a lab mix. And part gerbil.
              >
              > Factoid mode:
              >
              > Jean Shepherd wrote *In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash*, upon
              > which the movie "A Christmas Story" was based. I believe he died
              > early this year. I dedicated Monday's strip to him.
              >
              > And how could anyone forget the leg lamp? It's pure electric
              sex,
              > glowing in the window!

              In fact, the whole holiday storyline was a parody of Shepherd's 'A
              Christmas Story' (Based on his novel 'In God We Trust, All Others Pay
              Cash').

              The gerbil jammies were especially cute...