Re: [narbonic] Re: EVIL!!

  • Ed Wells
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 15, 2000
      xineymarie wrote:

      > hmm... what heritage would the name "madblood" imply?

      English. Both words come from Old English.
      Those Continental manners seemed fake all along.

      > how would one say "madblood" in italian?

      French: sangfou
      Spanish: sangreloco
      Indonesian: darahgila

      Ed Wells, anticrastinator
    • LinnaLaure@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 15, 2000
        > how would one say "madblood" in italian?

        sangrepazzo.

        ~Lisa
      • Amanda Van Rhyn
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 17, 2000
          > Well, since you asked, I'm going to make my standard comment on this
          > subject. Madblood sounds at least therianthropic, and with a first name
          > Lupin, I'd declare it to be a lycanthropic form of the disease. Add to
          > this the fact that Helen's mom died on a stake, and that mad science is
          > "In [her] blood"--- now /that/ sounds transylvanian and vampyric.

          I really think assuming that it's lycanthropic/vampiric is a bit of
          a stretch, considering. I just read "Madblood" as meaning that the art
          of mad science was a family thing -- that the name was earned by
          some ancestor with a similar talent for constructs and evil cackling.
          Combined with Helen's mother's reputation, maybe this means that
          mad science is actually an inherited occupation, like royalty?
          And does this mean that Dave's parents were similarly geeky? And what
          about Mell's?

          Maybe some things just weren't meant for man to know...
          -- Amanda
          "Hold it -- wait a minute / I can't read
          my writing, My own writing! / like tiny insects
          in the palm of history..." - Thomas Dolby

          Send a cool gift with your E-Card
          http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/