Re: [narbonic] the last few....

  • Michael A Benedetto
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000
      On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Pinual (Christopher Ellmann) wrote:

      > And For Today... Helen's got her Master's right? there's that 'whipping
      > him into submission?' comment.. I see a Master Helen (Mistress Helen?)
      > ... mebbe my brain just goes to bad places...

      Oh, my... I'm already envisioning *reams* of Narbonic lemon fanfic yet to
      be written. Perhaps in some universe Dave really *will* learn what it's
      like to be held for an afternoon at the mercy of two deranged young
      women...

      With this fate now inescapable, Sarge, you *have* to introduce a few more
      male characters, 'coz I just don't get much out of yuri.

      -Mike

      How can you have a life's work if you don't have a life?
      -Nall, "Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete"
    • Shaenon K. Garrity
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000
        ----------
        >From: Michael A Benedetto <mb29@...>
        >To: narbonic@egroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [narbonic] the last few....
        >Date: Mon, Dec 4, 2000, 9:52 AM
        >

        > On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Pinual (Christopher Ellmann) wrote:
        >
        >> And For Today... Helen's got her Master's right? there's that 'whipping
        >> him into submission?' comment.. I see a Master Helen (Mistress Helen?)
        >> ... mebbe my brain just goes to bad places...
        >
        > Oh, my... I'm already envisioning *reams* of Narbonic lemon fanfic yet to
        > be written. Perhaps in some universe Dave really *will* learn what it's
        > like to be held for an afternoon at the mercy of two deranged young
        > women...

        But my characters are so sweetly and innocently evil... why, why must
        there be porn? I knew that sooner or later the bad karma would come around
        for the time I wrote that Ranma/Babylon 5/Dave Barker crossover fanfic, but
        what you're suggesting...

        > With this fate now inescapable, Sarge, you *have* to introduce a few more
        > male characters, 'coz I just don't get much out of yuri.

        So you're saying I should put in more male characters so that people can
        write yaoi as well as yuri. <twitch> Poor Dave.

        Sarge
      • Michael A Benedetto
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000
          On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Shaenon K. Garrity wrote:

          > But my characters are so sweetly and innocently evil... why, why must
          > there be porn? I knew that sooner or later the bad karma would come around
          > for the time I wrote that Ranma/Babylon 5/Dave Barker crossover fanfic, but
          > what you're suggesting...

          The time is right for a truly *innocent* B&D lemon fanfic series.
          (Aspiring authors out there, this is your chance to shine...)

          And yes, the karma can be a bitch when you give Na'Toth a spatula.

          > So you're saying I should put in more male characters so that people can
          > write yaoi as well as yuri. <twitch> Poor Dave.

          Dave went to Vassar and came away with the ability to recognize the lyrics
          to "Funny Girl". I'd say he's well and truly prepared for that
          eventuality.

          -Mike

          How can you have a life's work if you don't have a life?
          -Nall, "Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete"
        • yoshio haraguchi
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000
            <ellmann@...> wrote:
            > For Saturday's strip, what's Mell leaning against in
            > the first panel?

            Um, a doorway...
            Or maybe you're looking through the doorway at the
            table of glass-lab-thinggies?

            > Lemme see... on Sunday's, I snarfed coffee on the
            > "Blue book quik
            > stop/open all night"

            never heard of a Blue book, what part of the country
            can they be found in?

            Sarge does this strip mean you have
            procured yourself a better graphics program?
            (I won't ask how it was procured so that this
            can't be used against you at any future point)

            > Also, what's Dave's mug say on Sunday's strip?
            The pencil holding one? For some reason I
            assumed it was his name:

            David
            (some family crest or grade school honors
            or something in the middle)
            Davenport

            But as I go back to look at it, I don't really
            see a good reason for this assumption beyond
            both words starting with 'D.'

            Speaking of name has Helens middlename been
            determined yet? Did I miss it or is this
            one of the ongoing Narbonic X-files?

            -yosh!

            =====
            "I'm half drunk on babble you transmit."
            -Soul Coughing

            AIM: Terroristy

            http://shopping.yahoo.com/
          • Dillon
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000

              "Shaenon K. Garrity" wrote:

              > So you're saying I should put in more male characters so that people can
              > write yaoi as well as yuri. <twitch> Poor Dave.
              >
              > Sarge

              I disagree with the notion that Dave being in some yaoi "naked fun" would be
              bad at all! Especially if Lise and I were to write some saucy yaoi fics, where
              Dave would discover all the lusty joys of being with another man. Besides I'm
              sure Dave would be grateful for any such human contact regardless of gender at
              this point ^_^
              --
              Dillon
              "Tattle Tales Tell Tall Tales,
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000
                > Um, a doorway...
                > Or maybe you're looking through the doorway at the
                > table of glass-lab-thinggies?

                Yes, the glass lab thingies.

                > never heard of a Blue book, what part of the country
                > can they be found in?

                I take it you never took big evil essay exams? those little twisted
                blue
                booklets that you have to use? and as such are unfamiliar with the
                all-nighter that often goes before the exam?

                > > Also, what's Dave's mug say on Sunday's strip?
                > The pencil holding one? For some reason I
                > assumed it was his name:
                >
                > David
                > (some family crest or grade school honors
                > or something in the middle)
                > Davenport
                >
                > But as I go back to look at it, I don't really
                > see a good reason for this assumption beyond
                > both words starting with 'D.'

                Plausible, but I'm not so positive on this one... any other
                interpreters? *nudge sarge*

              • Pinual (Christopher Ellmann)
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000

                  > Oh, my... I'm already envisioning *reams* of Narbonic lemon fanfic yet to
                  > be written. Perhaps in some universe Dave really *will* learn what it's
                  > like to be held for an afternoon at the mercy of two deranged young
                  > women...
                  >
                  > With this fate now inescapable, Sarge, you *have* to introduce a few more
                  > male characters, 'coz I just don't get much out of yuri.

                  *twitch hardcore* Ok, you write em, post em, I'll do my best to have em
                  MST'd by the end of the week...
                  *cower*
                • Stephen Boyd
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000
                    <ellmann@...> wrote:
                    > > Um, a doorway...
                    > > Or maybe you're looking through the doorway at the
                    > > table of glass-lab-thinggies?
                    >
                    > Yes, the glass lab thingies.

                    Sometimes a prop is just a prop, I think.. :)

                    > > never heard of a Blue book, what part of the
                    > country
                    > > can they be found in?
                    >
                    > I take it you never took big evil essay exams?
                    > those little twisted
                    > blue
                    > booklets that you have to use? and as such are
                    > unfamiliar with the
                    > all-nighter that often goes before the exam?
                    Hated those things. My handwriting looks like a
                    doctor's, but worse. Hence the interest in computers..
                    <lol>

                    > > > Also, what's Dave's mug say on Sunday's strip?
                    > > The pencil holding one? For some reason I
                    > > assumed it was his name:

                    > > But as I go back to look at it, I don't really
                    > > see a good reason for this assumption beyond
                    > > both words starting with 'D.'
                    >
                    > Plausible, but I'm not so positive on this one...
                    > any other
                    > interpreters? *nudge sarge*
                    Kinda makes sense, but the longer word is on top,
                    assuming it's centered over the picture. Could be
                    Davenport-Dave. Or Dunkin Donuts. Or Daniel's Distro,
                    the software store Helen got the Photoshop from.
                    <shrug> Again, ref Dr. Freud... I don't think this
                    one's an actual hidden message. <mental note: Stage
                    raid on Cartoon Art Museum and Viz Communications and
                    check her desk...> Oh, wait, was that out loud? Damn
                    personality sprite...

                    -- Steve

                    =====
                    Steve Boyd - farside@...
                    "Can I have this from someone who's had less caffeine?"
                    - Truman, "Armageddon"

                    http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                  • Graham "Demi" Gelling
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 5, 2000
                      on 12/5/00 12:50 AM, Stephen Boyd at leftcontact@... wrote:

                      > --- "Pinual (Christopher Ellmann)"
                      > <ellmann@...> wrote:
                      >>> Um, a doorway...
                      >>> Or maybe you're looking through the doorway at the
                      >>> table of glass-lab-thinggies?
                      >>
                      >> Yes, the glass lab thingies.
                      >
                      > Sometimes a prop is just a prop, I think.. :)

                      Not when it's _EViL COFFEE_

                      My vote is for coffee pot