the last few....

  • Pinual (Christopher Ellmann)
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000
      For Saturday's strip, what's Mell leaning against in the first panel?

      Lemme see... on Sunday's, I snarfed coffee on the "Blue book quik
      stop/open all night" ... somehow, blue books and quick don't go together
      in my mind. *twitch* ..
      Also, what's Dave's mug say on Sunday's strip?

      And For Today... Helen's got her Master's right? there's that 'whipping
      him into submission?' comment.. I see a Master Helen (Mistress Helen?)
      ... mebbe my brain just goes to bad places...
    • Michael A Benedetto
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000
        On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Pinual (Christopher Ellmann) wrote:

        > And For Today... Helen's got her Master's right? there's that 'whipping
        > him into submission?' comment.. I see a Master Helen (Mistress Helen?)
        > ... mebbe my brain just goes to bad places...

        Oh, my... I'm already envisioning *reams* of Narbonic lemon fanfic yet to
        be written. Perhaps in some universe Dave really *will* learn what it's
        like to be held for an afternoon at the mercy of two deranged young
        women...

        With this fate now inescapable, Sarge, you *have* to introduce a few more
        male characters, 'coz I just don't get much out of yuri.

        -Mike

        How can you have a life's work if you don't have a life?
        -Nall, "Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete"
      • Shaenon K. Garrity
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000
          ----------
          >From: Michael A Benedetto <mb29@...>
          >To: narbonic@egroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [narbonic] the last few....
          >Date: Mon, Dec 4, 2000, 9:52 AM
          >

          > On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Pinual (Christopher Ellmann) wrote:
          >
          >> And For Today... Helen's got her Master's right? there's that 'whipping
          >> him into submission?' comment.. I see a Master Helen (Mistress Helen?)
          >> ... mebbe my brain just goes to bad places...
          >
          > Oh, my... I'm already envisioning *reams* of Narbonic lemon fanfic yet to
          > be written. Perhaps in some universe Dave really *will* learn what it's
          > like to be held for an afternoon at the mercy of two deranged young
          > women...

          But my characters are so sweetly and innocently evil... why, why must
          there be porn? I knew that sooner or later the bad karma would come around
          for the time I wrote that Ranma/Babylon 5/Dave Barker crossover fanfic, but
          what you're suggesting...

          > With this fate now inescapable, Sarge, you *have* to introduce a few more
          > male characters, 'coz I just don't get much out of yuri.

          So you're saying I should put in more male characters so that people can
          write yaoi as well as yuri. <twitch> Poor Dave.

          Sarge
        • Michael A Benedetto
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000
            On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Shaenon K. Garrity wrote:

            > But my characters are so sweetly and innocently evil... why, why must
            > there be porn? I knew that sooner or later the bad karma would come around
            > for the time I wrote that Ranma/Babylon 5/Dave Barker crossover fanfic, but
            > what you're suggesting...

            The time is right for a truly *innocent* B&D lemon fanfic series.
            (Aspiring authors out there, this is your chance to shine...)

            And yes, the karma can be a bitch when you give Na'Toth a spatula.

            > So you're saying I should put in more male characters so that people can
            > write yaoi as well as yuri. <twitch> Poor Dave.

            Dave went to Vassar and came away with the ability to recognize the lyrics
            to "Funny Girl". I'd say he's well and truly prepared for that
            eventuality.

            -Mike

            How can you have a life's work if you don't have a life?
            -Nall, "Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete"
          • yoshio haraguchi
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000
              <ellmann@...> wrote:
              > For Saturday's strip, what's Mell leaning against in
              > the first panel?

              Um, a doorway...
              Or maybe you're looking through the doorway at the
              table of glass-lab-thinggies?

              > Lemme see... on Sunday's, I snarfed coffee on the
              > "Blue book quik
              > stop/open all night"

              never heard of a Blue book, what part of the country
              can they be found in?

              Sarge does this strip mean you have
              procured yourself a better graphics program?
              (I won't ask how it was procured so that this
              can't be used against you at any future point)

              > Also, what's Dave's mug say on Sunday's strip?
              The pencil holding one? For some reason I
              assumed it was his name:

              David
              (some family crest or grade school honors
              or something in the middle)
              Davenport

              But as I go back to look at it, I don't really
              see a good reason for this assumption beyond
              both words starting with 'D.'

              Speaking of name has Helens middlename been
              determined yet? Did I miss it or is this
              one of the ongoing Narbonic X-files?

              -yosh!

              =====
              "I'm half drunk on babble you transmit."
              -Soul Coughing

              AIM: Terroristy

              http://shopping.yahoo.com/
            • Dillon
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000

                "Shaenon K. Garrity" wrote:

                > So you're saying I should put in more male characters so that people can
                > write yaoi as well as yuri. <twitch> Poor Dave.
                >
                > Sarge

                I disagree with the notion that Dave being in some yaoi "naked fun" would be
                bad at all! Especially if Lise and I were to write some saucy yaoi fics, where
                Dave would discover all the lusty joys of being with another man. Besides I'm
                sure Dave would be grateful for any such human contact regardless of gender at
                this point ^_^
                --
                Dillon
                "Tattle Tales Tell Tall Tales,
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000
                  > Um, a doorway...
                  > Or maybe you're looking through the doorway at the
                  > table of glass-lab-thinggies?

                  Yes, the glass lab thingies.

                  > never heard of a Blue book, what part of the country
                  > can they be found in?

                  I take it you never took big evil essay exams? those little twisted
                  blue
                  booklets that you have to use? and as such are unfamiliar with the
                  all-nighter that often goes before the exam?

                  > > Also, what's Dave's mug say on Sunday's strip?
                  > The pencil holding one? For some reason I
                  > assumed it was his name:
                  >
                  > David
                  > (some family crest or grade school honors
                  > or something in the middle)
                  > Davenport
                  >
                  > But as I go back to look at it, I don't really
                  > see a good reason for this assumption beyond
                  > both words starting with 'D.'

                  Plausible, but I'm not so positive on this one... any other
                  interpreters? *nudge sarge*

                • Pinual (Christopher Ellmann)
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000

                    > Oh, my... I'm already envisioning *reams* of Narbonic lemon fanfic yet to
                    > be written. Perhaps in some universe Dave really *will* learn what it's
                    > like to be held for an afternoon at the mercy of two deranged young
                    > women...
                    >
                    > With this fate now inescapable, Sarge, you *have* to introduce a few more
                    > male characters, 'coz I just don't get much out of yuri.

                    *twitch hardcore* Ok, you write em, post em, I'll do my best to have em
                    MST'd by the end of the week...
                    *cower*
                  • Stephen Boyd
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 4, 2000
                      <ellmann@...> wrote:
                      > > Um, a doorway...
                      > > Or maybe you're looking through the doorway at the
                      > > table of glass-lab-thinggies?
                      >
                      > Yes, the glass lab thingies.

                      Sometimes a prop is just a prop, I think.. :)

                      > > never heard of a Blue book, what part of the
                      > country
                      > > can they be found in?
                      >
                      > I take it you never took big evil essay exams?
                      > those little twisted
                      > blue
                      > booklets that you have to use? and as such are
                      > unfamiliar with the
                      > all-nighter that often goes before the exam?
                      Hated those things. My handwriting looks like a
                      doctor's, but worse. Hence the interest in computers..
                      <lol>

                      > > > Also, what's Dave's mug say on Sunday's strip?
                      > > The pencil holding one? For some reason I
                      > > assumed it was his name:

                      > > But as I go back to look at it, I don't really
                      > > see a good reason for this assumption beyond
                      > > both words starting with 'D.'
                      >
                      > Plausible, but I'm not so positive on this one...
                      > any other
                      > interpreters? *nudge sarge*
                      Kinda makes sense, but the longer word is on top,
                      assuming it's centered over the picture. Could be
                      Davenport-Dave. Or Dunkin Donuts. Or Daniel's Distro,
                      the software store Helen got the Photoshop from.
                      <shrug> Again, ref Dr. Freud... I don't think this
                      one's an actual hidden message. <mental note: Stage
                      raid on Cartoon Art Museum and Viz Communications and
                      check her desk...> Oh, wait, was that out loud? Damn
                      personality sprite...

                      -- Steve

                      =====
                      Steve Boyd - farside@...
                      "Can I have this from someone who's had less caffeine?"
                      - Truman, "Armageddon"

                      http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                    • Graham "Demi" Gelling
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 5, 2000
                        on 12/5/00 12:50 AM, Stephen Boyd at leftcontact@... wrote:

                        > --- "Pinual (Christopher Ellmann)"
                        > <ellmann@...> wrote:
                        >>> Um, a doorway...
                        >>> Or maybe you're looking through the doorway at the
                        >>> table of glass-lab-thinggies?
                        >>
                        >> Yes, the glass lab thingies.
                        >
                        > Sometimes a prop is just a prop, I think.. :)

                        Not when it's _EViL COFFEE_

                        My vote is for coffee pot