Splicing

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2002
      Not spoiler space:
      .
      So helen now has a teleporter... how long before it escapes and
      tries to kill everyone, like her other projects?

      And how are Dave and helen playing quake on an Atari :)

      -Have fun
    • Dennis Bergendorf
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2002
        Alex wrote:

        > Not spoiler space:
        > .
        > .
        > So helen now has a teleporter... how long before it escapes and
        > tries to kill everyone, like her other projects?
        >
        > And how are Dave and helen playing quake on an Atari :)
        >
        > -Have fun

        You ask that about a man who has built doomsday machines and teleporters
        from nothing?

      • Prodigal
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2002
          From: "Alex" <thealxcity@...>

          > And how are Dave and helen playing quake on an Atari :)

          This is Dave, remember? He made a working death ray out of spare parts that
          by rights, shou;d never have resulted in anything functional. Turning an
          Atari into a Quake server is child's play compared to that. :)
        • Alex McIver
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2002
            > > And how are Dave and helen playing quake on an Atari :)
            > >

            >You ask that about a man who has built doomsday machines and teleporters
            >from nothing?

            Well; converting an atari controller so it can be used with quake is very
            very hard... but building a working teleporter out of nothing is just
            impossible.

          • shaenon@viz.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
              >> > And how are Dave and helen playing quake on an Atari :)
              >> >

              >>You ask that about a man who has built doomsday machines and
              >>teleporters from nothing?
              >>

              > Well; converting an atari controller so it can be used with quake is
              > very very hard... but building a working teleporter out of nothing is
              > just impossible.

              This is a very important distinction. But irrelevant, because obviously
              they're not playing with an Atari. First, they don't have an Atari;
              they have a Nintendo. And I think Dave has consoles besides the
              Nintendo. I mean, they just *bought* the Nintendo.
              Maybe other offices are different, but where I work, we have several
              different game systems set up in the video room. I think you can file a
              complaint with OSHA if you don't get at least a Playstation and a
              Gamecube in your workplace.
              Sarge

              P.S. I kid, of course. The game systems at work are for the Animerica
              game reviewers only. I don't get to play with them. Unless I ask nicely.P.P.S. Which is why I have an NES and Super Nintendo at home.
            • Alex McIver
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
                > This is a very important distinction. But irrelevant, because obviously
                > they're not playing with an Atari. First, they don't have an Atari;
                > they have a Nintendo. And I think Dave has consoles besides the
                > Nintendo.

                I'd forgotten that quake was avalable on the Nintendo (N64 i think)... its
                just they seem to be using Atari controllers (one button, one stick, square
                base)

                >P.S. I kid, of course. The game systems at work are for the Animerica
                >game reviewers only. I don't get to play with them. Unless I ask
                >nicely.P.P.S. Which is why I have an NES and Super Nintendo at home.

                The Universety has a playstation 2 in the Pub... but you have to pay to use
                it (all the fun of the arcade)

                Have fun

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
                  Good Lord! If I'm real nice can come over and play
                  Mike Tyson boxing
                  Rob

                  http://faith.yahoo.com