RE: [narbonic] 10/2 Strip -- Possible Spoiler...

  • rantarn@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2002
      Tim Rodriguez <dragon@...> wrote:

      >Hmm...Possible Spoiler

      >keep going...

      >So...  Dave comes from a family of Shoggoths?  Discuss.
      >
      >-TR

      I'm just wondering how they got 500 pounds of Dave's genetic material out of Helen when Helen didn't seem to have gained any weight before.

    • Aaron B Simpson
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2002
        --On Wednesday, October 02, 2002 12:55:45 -0400 rantarn@...
        wrote:

        > Tim Rodriguez <dragon@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Hmm...Possible Spoiler

        >> keep going...

        >> keep going...

        >> So...  Dave comes from a family of Shoggoths?  Discuss.
        >>
        >> -TR
        >>

        > I'm just wondering how they got 500 pounds of Dave's genetic material
        > out of Helen when Helen didn't seem to have gained any weight before.

        I think it is 500 pounds between Dave and the goo. :)

        Aaron B. Simpson aaron@... martello@...
        The University of Texas at Dallas - Network and UNIX Services
        http://www.utdallas.edu/~asimpson/ Blessed Be!
        All that you assume about what I write is entirely your fault
      • Metal Fatigue
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2002

          A> --On Wednesday, October 02, 2002 12:55:45 -0400
          A> rantarn@... wrote:

          >> Tim Rodriguez <dragon@...> wrote:
          >>
          >>> Hmm...Possible Spoiler

          >>> keep going...

          >>> keep going...

          >>> So... �Dave comes from a family of Shoggoths? �Discuss.
          >>>
          >>> -TR
          >>>
          >> I'm just wondering how they got 500 pounds of Dave's genetic
          >> material out of Helen when Helen didn't seem to have gained any
          >> weight before.

          A> I think it is 500 pounds between Dave and the goo. :)

          Dave doesn't look that hefty. If there's 500 pounds of Dave there,
          then the Daveoplasmic mass must be growing.

          --
          O- Seth Blumberg, a.k.a. Metal Fatigue, a.k.a. Nodens <sethb@...>
          - -- --- ----- -------- ------------- -------- ----- --- -- -
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 2, 2002
            >> I think Mell is exaggerating, because Mell is a JERK.
            >
            > But she's YOUR jerk, Sarge!

            and she's such a cute, smart and witty jerk!

            --

            I'm not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it!"
            ~random bumper sticker
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 2, 2002
              > --On Wednesday, October 02, 2002 12:55:45 -0400 rantarn@...
              > wrote:
              >
              >> Tim Rodriguez <dragon@...> wrote:
              >>
              >>> Hmm...Possible Spoiler

              >>> keep going...

              >>> keep going...

              >>> So...  Dave comes from a family of Shoggoths?  Discuss.
              >>>
              >>> -TR
              >>>

              >> I'm just wondering how they got 500 pounds of Dave's genetic material
              >> out of Helen when Helen didn't seem to have gained any weight before.
              >
              > I think it is 500 pounds between Dave and the goo. :)

              I think Mell is exaggerating, because Mell is a JERK.

              Sarge
            • Dave III
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 2, 2002

                > >> I'm just wondering how they got 500 pounds of Dave's genetic material
                > >> out of Helen when Helen didn't seem to have gained any weight before.
                > >
                > > I think it is 500 pounds between Dave and the goo. :)
                >
                > I think Mell is exaggerating, because Mell is a JERK.
                >
                > Sarge

                I'm just amused by the fact that in spite of being 500 pounds (give or take)
                of clone puddle, it is in fact still smoking a cigarette. True Daveishness
                is not to be denied, even in a genetically comprimised state.

                And Helen /did/ say "copies", so maybe there was more than one run-through
                to fully clean Helen's system, and so therefore more than one incomplete
                Dave copy left behind. I like Sarge's theory better, though.

                Dave III
              • Joseph Prisco
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 2, 2002
                  Who needs spoiler space?

                  On Wednesday, October 2, 2002, at 04:21 PM, Shaenon K. Garrity wrote:

                  > I think Mell is exaggerating, because Mell is a JERK.

                  But she's YOUR jerk, Sarge!

                  =====
                  -><- Pope Zaphod I - aka Joseph Prisco -><-
                  mailto:popezaphod@... http://popezaphod.dyndns.org
                  Poor little clams! Snap! Snap! Snap! - <http://www.xenu.net/>
                • Joseph Prisco
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 2, 2002
                    Am I the only one who read Tuesday's strip and thought...

                    [OK, a bit of spoiler space]

                    "Naked Helen! Naked Helen! Woo hoo!"

                    And then, a few moments later,

                    "Woo ho- hey, what's all that hissing hair stuff?"

                    =====
                    -><- Pope Zaphod I - aka Joseph Prisco -><-
                    mailto:popezaphod@... http://popezaphod.dyndns.org
                    Poor little clams! Snap! Snap! Snap! - <http://www.xenu.net/>
                  • John Weiss
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 2, 2002
                      Today at 16:58, Joseph Prisco said to narbonic@yahoogroups.com:

                      [Since it was yesterday's strip, I'm trimming the spoiler space]
                      > "Naked Helen! Naked Helen! Woo hoo!"

                      I only got this far. Then my brain seized up.

                      -John W. Weiss
                      (The Cheshire Cat)
                      |Duane D-1B31 | Dept. of Astrophysics and Planetary Science/LASP |
                      |(303)-492-7902 | University of Colorado, Boulder |
                      |weissj@...| http://bogart.colorado.edu/~weissj/cheshireCat.html|
                      The person on the other side was a young woman. Very obviously a young
                      woman. There was no possible way that she could have been mistaken for
                      a young man in any language, especially Braille.
                      --(Terry Pratchett, Maskerade)
                    • Jeffrey Wells
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 2, 2002
                        On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Metal Fatigue wrote:

                        > Dave doesn't look that hefty. If there's 500 pounds of Dave there,
                        > then the Daveoplasmic mass must be growing.

                        *ominous chord*

                        *thunder*
                      • ruggclan@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 6, 2002
                          I think Mell is exaggerating, because Mell is a JERK.

                          i am insulted on mell's behalf, she is evil, sadistic, gun happy, likes to
                          blow things up, and kill, but she is NOT a jerk

                          Sara Quill

                        • Martin Olsson
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 7, 2002
                            >i am insulted on mell's behalf, she is evil, sadistic, gun happy, likes to
                            >blow things up, and kill, but she is NOT a jerk
                            >
                            >Sara Quill

                            So you think she is now past the fascinating stage of "training to be evil"?
                            Martin?

                            My little page-thingie, with The Great Index of Villains!:
                            http://www.geocities.com/rawanimal.geo/
                            ...just don't expect too much, ok?

                            "Pg mzih ncuvktzgc iux hqyi fyr gvttly vuiu lrihrkhzz."
                            - Jules Verne