Re: [narbonic] Re: Beer? Did I see a mention of "beer"?

  • Shaenon K. Garrity
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2000
      > --- Cory-Ellen Nadel <cory_ellen@...> wrote:
      >> As a lesbian, I can say with some authority that Helen Narbon is, to quote
      >> Pat Califia, "a sexy bundle of evil lovin'." (Please don't pass this e-mail
      >> along to Pat Califia)
      >
      > And as an almost-lesbian (at least this week; people who know me can now
      > laugh), I will debate that. She strikes me as wonderfully cuddly, and I would
      > GREATLY enjoy a long, decadent, drawn-out evening of plotting the details of
      > creating a new evil-doomsday-device with her while sharing a large container
      of
      > Ben and Jerry's double-chocolate fudge swirl. But I just don't see the "sexy
      > bundle of evil' lovin'..." Maybe if she dyed her hair a deep red-black... or
      > cut it short.... hmmmm, mad scientist with rich red hair.... dressed in
      > black... hee...

      I'm sure this isn't the last time I'll say this, but other people's
      versions of my strip seem to be consistently more interesting than my actual
      strip. If only I'd dropped the "Narbonic" idea and gone with "Lesbian Mad
      Science Love Comics," I'd be getting a heck of a lot more hits.

      > [brought to you by the instigator of the Ranma's sexual orientation debates]

      No, Karoline, you may *not* take a month off work to search for Spring of
      Drowned Man!

      Shaenon
    • Karoline
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2000
        --- "Shaenon K. Garrity" <shaenon@...> wrote:
        > > hmmmm, mad scientist with rich red hair.... dressed in
        > > black... hee...
        >
        > I'm sure this isn't the last time I'll say this, but other people's
        > versions of my strip seem to be consistently more interesting than my actual
        > strip. If only I'd dropped the "Narbonic" idea and gone with "Lesbian Mad
        > Science Love Comics," I'd be getting a heck of a lot more hits.

        < snicker > What a great idea!! Gee, now if only I could draw! Golly!
        Shaenon, do you have time to draw 2 comics? <hopeful look>

        > > [brought to you by the instigator of the Ranma's sexual orientation
        > debates]
        >
        > No, Karoline, you may *not* take a month off work to search for Spring of
        > Drowned Man!

        Aw man! No fair!

        - K, your friendly neighborhood freakazoid

        http://photos.yahoo.com/
      • Illogical Vulcan
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 10, 2000
          > I'm sure this isn't the last time I'll say this, but other people's
          >versions of my strip seem to be consistently more interesting than my actual
          >strip. If only I'd dropped the "Narbonic" idea and gone with "Lesbian Mad
          >Science Love Comics," I'd be getting a heck of a lot more hits.

          Ooo, Shaenon, you made a tactical error. I think you should draw
          both strips! You have that much spare time, right? Besides, I like lesbian
          mad science...I think...

          Jaye

          The facts were somewhat different..., but no one was interested in the facts.
          -- _Notes_of_a_Native_Son_ by James Baldwin
        • Karoline
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 10, 2000
            --- Illogical Vulcan <jobrown@...> wrote:

            > > I'm sure this isn't the last time I'll say this, but other people's
            > >versions of my strip seem to be consistently more interesting than my actual
            > >strip. If only I'd dropped the "Narbonic" idea and gone with "Lesbian Mad
            > >Science Love Comics," I'd be getting a heck of a lot more hits.
            >
            > Ooo, Shaenon, you made a tactical error. I think you should draw
            > both strips! You have that much spare time, right? Besides, I like lesbian
            > mad science...I think...

            <snicker> Great minds think alike...

            - K

            http://mail.yahoo.com/